Photo software question

Started May 9, 2013 | Questions
Simpleme
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Photo software question
May 9, 2013

We visited Hoover Dam and our picture was taken at the photo center. Later, they showed us our picture with the selection of 4 different backgrounds. Which software can do that? My girl's birthday is coming up and I'd like to try this.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,323Gear list
Like?
Chroma key
In reply to Simpleme, May 9, 2013

Probably chroma key. Takes some skills to get a good result in photography.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Simpleme
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Chroma key
In reply to Klaus dk, May 10, 2013

Hi Klaus, thanks for the reply. I will get my hands wet on this.

Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,319Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo software question
In reply to Simpleme, May 12, 2013

Simpleme wrote:

We visited Hoover Dam and our picture was taken at the photo center. Later, they showed us our picture with the selection of 4 different backgrounds. Which software can do that? My girl's birthday is coming up and I'd like to try this.

As Klaus says, probably chroma key, which is also called green screen or blue screen.

The idea is to use a solid color background that is very different in color from that of skin and clothing so that it is easy to extract the subject from the background then you can composite the subject with different backgrounds.

To do this well you need to know how to properly light the background and subject and you need special green screen software.  If you are interested I suggest you look at PhotoKey, which is the software many professionals use.  They have video tutorials you should watch before buying.

PhotoKey 6 Creative green screen photography.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads