Post processing workflow

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions
boblug
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Post processing workflow
May 8, 2013

I have now a D7100 coming from a D7000 and use Lightroom 4. I have been quite happy with LR and its noise capabilities but see a lot of you highly recommend Topaz denoise. So I have got the trial and it works very well on the D7100 files but it takes output from LR as a tiff file through their bridge software.

Does this mean all raw adjustments should be made first, and if not does lightroom lose anything by now working on a tiff image.

I have to admit the default noise reduction in Topaz is incredible, high ISO practice shots at 6400 can be cleaned very simply to look like 400 ISO ooc.

With all of the discussions on Adobe methods I will stay with LR.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ronald A Yorko
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Re: Post processing workflow
In reply to boblug, May 9, 2013

If you read the documentation with Topaz Denoise, it gives you steps for working with Adobe ACR on page 32.  I don't use Lightroom, but I imagine you could transpose their instructions.  Just turn off all NR in Lightroom and do it last in Topaz.

Ronald A Yorko's gear list:Ronald A Yorko's gear list
DxO Optics Pro Standard
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,519Gear list
Like?
How to get the most out of DeNoise
In reply to boblug, May 9, 2013

It's well worth watching the thorough video tutorials on the Topaz site. They're very informative and well produced. DeNoise works well enough on default, but really gets amazing if you disable NR and dial down the black point setting in your RAW converter (i.e. open up the shadows), process in DeNoise, and then set the black point to get your blacks back after returning to your image editor.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads