Lightroom 4 help!

Started May 8, 2013 | Discussions
robertofabbri
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
Lightroom 4 help!
May 8, 2013

Good day to you all, I really need help, thank you.

I have been using Lightroom  for many years, I am now on 4 and happy with it.

I am on a long journey in South East Asia and I have been working on it almost every day for the last 4 months. I have less than 5,000 images in one catalog.

Yesterday I tried to import images from my xqd card, Lightroom detected it, opened the import window displaying all the raw images, but after clicking “import” a little window came out with: “Could not copy the files to the requested location”.

I tried the operation several times with the same result; I tried using a compact flash card, same; I tried with raw images from the hard drive, same; I tried with JPEG images, same; I created a new catalog, same.

I checked if something was wrong on the destination panel, but all is correct.

Any idea on this problem, I really need to solve it quickly.

Thank you for your assistance.

-- hide signature --

Roberto Fabbri
www.robertofabbri-wildlife.com

noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 11,161
Like?
Re: Lightroom 4 help!
In reply to robertofabbri, May 8, 2013

Restart LR? Restart the computer?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 362Gear list
Like?

I have a mediocre server connection at my office (long story), and every once and a while I'll just get a blank stare from various different applications when I try to save a file.  With the lousy connection, the network will sometimes report that the destination disk is full even though there are several terabytes free.  The software knows about the terabytes of space, but can't access it because of the disk full message, and the software just hangs.

Now my first check for a blank software stare is "is there adequate disk space" and "are there adequate permissions (including connection at my office - not an issue for you) to access that space"?  I only bring this up because I once read about some permissions issues with older LR versions on Macs.

CPLittleton

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,366Gear list
Like?
In reply to cplittleton, May 8, 2013

You might try copying the files to the hard drive bypassing Lightroom. Then open Lightroom and Add the files to your LR catalog in their existing location.

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
mustaphapashu
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?

I know you said the right side of the import panel was correct, but did you inadvertently check the box that copies the imported files to a backup drive? That can be an issue if there isn't one on-line.

robertofabbri
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
In reply to mustaphapashu, May 9, 2013

mustaphapashu wrote:

I know you said the right side of the import panel was correct, but did you inadvertently check the box that copies the imported files to a backup drive? That can be an issue if there isn't one on-line.

Thank you Mustapha, but I cannot find the box that copies imported files to a back up drive. Only boxes I see 'don't import duplicates', 'make a second copy' this under files handling and 'into subfolder' under destination.

Help!

Roberto Fabbri
www.robertofabbri-wildlife.com

noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 11,161
Like?
In reply to robertofabbri, May 9, 2013

robertofabbri wrote:

mustaphapashu wrote:

Thank you Mustapha, but I cannot find the box that copies imported files to a back up drive. Only boxes I see 'don't import duplicates', 'make a second copy' this under files handling and 'into subfolder' under destination.

A backup is essentially making a second copy.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads