$9.99 12 month CC discount prices for holders of valid photoshop CS licenses

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions
tom60634
Senior MemberPosts: 1,979Gear list
Like?
$9.99 12 month CC discount prices for holders of valid photoshop CS licenses
May 7, 2013

$9.99 per month with one year prescription for photoshop CC almost seems reasonable.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?plan=offers&promoid=KFHQB

tom60634's gear list:tom60634's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
gwlaw99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,111
Like?
Re: 12 month CC discount prices for holders of valid CS licenses
In reply to tom60634, May 7, 2013

tom60634 wrote:

$9.99 per month with one year prescription for photoshop CC almost seems reasonable.

Thats how they get you hooked

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank104375
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?

That information is correct Tom. If all you want is Photoshop CC and you have any version from CS3 to CS6 you will be able to get Photoshop CC for 9.99 per month under an annual agreement and it will run right along side of your current version of the CS product. They are offering this promotion for a single purchase only (it can be installed on two machines) from what I understand and this offer will expire on July 31, 2013 and can be changed without any prior notification. After your annual agreement period is up the annual monthly fee will return to normal pricing which at this point would be 19.99 per month on an annual agreement.

If you are a current registered CS6 user and if you would like to move up to the entire CC Suite there is also an annual promotion for that and it is priced at 19.99 per month and then after that year expires you will then be back into current normal pricing range. For users of versions prior to CS6 down to CS3 this same annual promotion for the entire Cloud Suite is being made available for 29.99 per month.

Good or bad, it would appear that Adobe is moving forward with this program.

Frank

-- hide signature --

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. ~ Ansel Adams

Frank104375's gear list:Frank104375's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
tom60634
Like?
Absolutely! However adobe users still have leverage!
In reply to gwlaw99, May 7, 2013

gwlaw99 wrote:

tom60634 wrote:

Thats how they get you hooked

My 99 year old father is fond of telling the story of when he was a little boy his mother would have him check the prices of vegetables that the peddlers were selling. If the price did not meet with his mother's approval she would advise him to tell the peddler that at his prices he could take the produce to his home and eat it himself. Sure enough within one to two days the peddler's prices returned to normal.

Please note the discount offer that adobe offered NAPP member just six months ago.  Obviously they could not entice enough early adapters and have lowered their pricing structure to entice the mass of adobe users.

"DEC 12, 2012

Adobe would like to invite all NAPP members to become a part of Creative Cloud, no matter what version of Photoshop they use, with a very special offer. From now until May 31, 2013, you can sign up for Creative Cloud for the introductory price of $29.99/month for the first year and waive the version requirement.

This means that you can make the hyper-jump to CS6!"

The moral of the story is that one should consider holding out till the adobe deal becomes more acceptable or move on to other companies' offerings.

Olympus OM-D E-M5
tom60634
Like?
In reply to Frank104375, May 7, 2013

Frank104375 wrote:

That information is correct Tom. If all you want is Photoshop CC and you have any version from CS3 to CS6 you will be able to get Photoshop CC for 9.99 per month under an annual agreement and it will run right along side of your current version of the CS product. They are offering this promotion for a single purchase only (it can be installed on two machines) from what I understand and this offer will expire on July 31, 2013 and can be changed without any prior notification. After your annual agreement period is up the annual monthly fee will return to normal pricing which at this point would be 19.99 per month on an annual agreement.

If you are a current registered CS6 user and if you would like to move up to the entire CC Suite there is also an annual promotion for that and it is priced at 19.99 per month and then after that year expires you will then be back into current normal pricing range. For users of versions prior to CS6 down to CS3 this same annual promotion for the entire Cloud Suite is being made available for 29.99 per month.

Good or bad, it would appear that Adobe is moving forward with this program.

Frank

-- hide signature --

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. ~ Ansel Adams

I agree that adobe is going forward with the cloud program.

However it is up to adobe's user base to determine fair market value, by either leasing the cloud program or not.

Olympus OM-D E-M5
BigJ2013
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: $9.99 12 month CC discount prices for holders of valid photoshop CS licenses

Worked out great for me as my daughter requires Photoshop for her school term starting now. Called Adobe they advised that you could install on two computers with only one having access at anyone time. Since I for one, an occasional user, this works out great at $9.99 / month. Since most use LR or other as the principal & Photoshop to address those occasional situations there maybe an opportunity for others to do the same.

CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,440Gear list
Like?

So what is the best software program to buy (not rent) to do what I've been using Photoshop since 2003 to do?

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Antioch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,846
Like?
Re: $9.99 12 month CC discount prices for holders of valid photoshop CS licenses

tom60634 wrote:

This is for valid CS (creative suite) customers, not photoshop as you think it is !!

tom60634
Like?
Quote from the PHOTOSHOP.COM BLOG
In reply to Antioch, May 7, 2013

Antioch wrote:

tom60634 wrote:

This is for valid CS (creative suite) customers, not photoshop as you think it is !!

Q: I’m a photographer, I only use Photoshop and don’t really need to use any other applications in Creative Cloud. What are my options if I just want Photoshop CC?

A: A Creative Cloud single-app membership is  available at a special introductory price of $9.99 per month (with an annual commitment) for our loyal customers who currently own Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS6. Offer available until July 31st, 2013 (terms and conditions).

Be sure to choose “Required CS3+ purchase” from the pop-up to see the $9.99 price:

Olympus OM-D E-M5
Marcin 3M
Senior MemberPosts: 1,290Gear list
Like?
Here it is Eur 24.59

per single app.

No discounts in this plan.

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

Marcin 3M's gear list:Marcin 3M's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Capture NX Phase One Capture One Pro Portrait Professional Studio 64 +1 more
tom60634
Like?
Re: Here it is USD $9.99/month
In reply to Marcin 3M, May 7, 2013

Marcin 3M wrote:

per single app.

No discounts in this plan.

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

Olympus OM-D E-M5
silvershoes
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?
Thanks but no thanks
In reply to tom60634, May 8, 2013

First of all, CS6 is far from eol.

Secondly, I upgraded to CS6 at the end of last year to keep my upgrade path alive - ha. Adobe said I had to. Remember that? So that's $200 I've already spent that I didn't need to, since they're now offering the same subscription price to CS3 users, which I was. That's kind of adding insult to injury, ya know?

I already use other Raw converters - ASP and PhotoNinja. But as a matter of general info, I tested my Photoshop plugins like Topaz in Corel PhotoPaint and they work just fine and exactly like they do in PS. So any future money I spend will go to Corel at this point. I prefer CorelDraw to Adobe Illustrator anyway, and PP comes free with CD.

rdspear
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,277Gear list
Like?

tom60634 wrote:

"Here's some crack.  Only $5 for the first dozen.  Come back when you want more and we can discuss the price.

Sucker."

rdspear's gear list:rdspear's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +21 more
Greenville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,072Gear list
Like?
In reply to rdspear, May 8, 2013

rdspear wrote:

tom60634 wrote:

"Here's some crack.  Only $5 for the first dozen.  Come back when you want more and we can discuss the price.

Sucker."

The $9.95 is an introductory price, $120 the first year, but year two will almost for sure be $19.95 per month. What will you do in year 3 when they raise to $29.95 - complain. I am sure they will be as kind as the crack distributor.

Greenville's gear list:Greenville's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 40D Samsung NX300 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +16 more
flbrit
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,129Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks but no thanks
In reply to silvershoes, May 8, 2013

silvershoes wrote:

Secondly, I upgraded to CS6 at the end of last year to keep my upgrade path alive - ha. Adobe said I had to. Remember that? So that's $200 I've already spent that I didn't need to, since they're now offering the same subscription price to CS3 users, which I was. That's kind of adding insult to injury, ya know?

I had not remembered that one. Thanks for the reminder.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Below is a link to a slide show of some of my snaps (you may have to copy and paste)
http://briandrinkwater.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Slide-Shows/28194522_dDKzmW#!i=2384402388&k=TJmRb5p

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +7 more
pixd90
Senior MemberPosts: 1,216Gear list
Like?
Please explain

I have photoshop CS4 and lightroom 4, which does the job. I am not a professional why would I need Photoshop CC.

pixd90's gear list:pixd90's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Ray Ritchie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,828
Like?
In reply to silvershoes, May 8, 2013

silvershoes wrote:

First of all, CS6 is far from eol.

Leaving aside the issues of what's a fair price, I wonder seriously if Adobe hasn't opened itself to a class action suit there. Many of us must have done the same thing, based on their representations that we would in the future only be able to upgrade from one version back. The clear implication was that there would be an upgrade to CS6, and we would need to own CS6 to buy CS7 at a discount. Sounds like deliberate misrepresentation to me...

-- hide signature --
MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,704
Like?
Re: Please explain
In reply to pixd90, May 8, 2013

pixd90 wrote:

I have photoshop CS4 and lightroom 4, which does the job. I am not a professional why would I need Photoshop CC.

I have CS6 and Lightroom 4, and I feel the very same way, it does a great job and I have no need for Cloud.

JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ray Ritchie, May 8, 2013

Ray Ritchie wrote:

Leaving aside the issues of what's a fair price, I wonder seriously if Adobe hasn't opened itself to a class action suit there. Many of us must have done the same thing, based on their representations that we would in the future only be able to upgrade from one version back. The clear implication was that there would be an upgrade to CS6, and we would need to own CS6 to buy CS7 at a discount. Sounds like deliberate misrepresentation to me...

Good point.  I also might not have upgraded if they hadn't told me it would be only one version back.  Then again, CS6 is now my last version of PS, so it's fine that I've had the use of it for a while.  I WILL NOT rent software until there are NO OTHER options.  Right now there are.

This is MUCH more expensive than buying.  It's like leasing your car.  More expensive in the end, less per month.

-- hide signature --
 JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +7 more
Toermalijn
Forum ProPosts: 12,767Gear list
Like?
Re: Please explain
In reply to MrPhotoBob, May 9, 2013

MrPhotoBob wrote:

pixd90 wrote:

I have CS6 and Lightroom 4, and I feel the very same way, it does a great job and I have no need for Cloud.

The problem is, that as of cs4, Adobe only fixed bugs in upgrades, so if you have bugs in cs6 you need to upgrade in order to get them fixed....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads