MacBook Pro?

Started May 7, 2013 | Discussions
Elbert Zip Johnson
Contributing MemberPosts: 830
Like?
MacBook Pro?
May 7, 2013

Can i use 2 of the same (canon shelby 800) printers on my mac book pro lap top?

I want to have images print to each printer as needed.

Can some one walk me through the set up?

-- hide signature --

thanks

Zip

'EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER'
MID WEST
check me out? www.zipsphoto.photoreflect.com

Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,092
Like?
Re: MacBook Pro?
In reply to Elbert Zip Johnson, May 7, 2013

Not sure what you mean by 'as needed' but all that you hvae to do is Add each printer and select which one you want once your app (which one are you using?) drops you into the printer driver dialog

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jen Yates
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328
Like?

Step 1: Plug in printer A

Step 2: Configure printer A (I suggest calling it something logical such as 'Printer A')

Step 3: Plug in printer B

Step 3: Configure printer B (Coming up with a suitable name could be tricky, but if you've followed my steps so far then 'Printer B' should be available)

Step 4: Print from your app, being sure to select 'Printer A' from the 'Printer:' drop down.

If you're finding step 4 tricky then I suggest revisiting step 2. Did you configure your printer with the correct name?

Of course these steps are assuming you only ever want to print from printer A. If you also want to print from printer B then you'll need to somehow adjust step 4.... I'll let you work it out.

Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,163Gear list
Like?
Printer pool

Elbert Zip Johnson wrote:

-- hide signature --

thanks

Zip

'EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER'
MID WEST

If you have two matching printers, you can combine them into a "pool". The advantage is that you send your document to the pool, and whichever printer is least busy will print it. Great for high-volume, high-speed printing operations. Here's Apple's support article on how to set up a printer pool.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10891?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +27 more
TheDoctorWhat
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
In reply to Elbert Zip Johnson, May 8, 2013

Elbert Zip Johnson wrote:

-- hide signature --

thanks

Zip

'EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER'
MID WEST

One more question. Are you using Photoshop or some software to edit and then print?

I know Photoshop and Photoshop Elements you do a print preview to set the page up and choose what printer you want to use. I have a 4x6 printer and a 13x19 Epson printer. You just select which one you want to use.

When you hit print, you should also adjust the print settings to the type of paper your using.  If your using the printer for just printing a document and have the settings for a photo the printer will spray too much ink saturating the page.

If you use Matte ink jet paper don't select the Glossy setting as that will also use more Ink when you do not need to do that. You'll have to replace ink more often costing you more money.

Just remember their is more to just selecting the printer, the options to tell what paper is being used to control the ink flow is important more so.  Of course use specific ink jet paper.

For me I like the Epson Photo printers for my needs. I've used Epson photo printers for at least 10+ years.

Peter Berglund
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
In reply to TheDoctorWhat, May 9, 2013

I believe the maximum number of USB attached devices is 127, so two would not be a problem. The fact that they are the same model does not complicate it as long as you name them differently so you know which one you're printing to.
--
Peter

Peter Berglund's gear list:Peter Berglund's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS M
Elbert Zip Johnson
Contributing MemberPosts: 830
Like?
In reply to Peter Berglund, May 14, 2013

Thanks for all you'll responses

peace