Problem updating CS6

Started May 6, 2013 | Questions
Ellar
Contributing MemberPosts: 880
Like?
Problem updating CS6
May 6, 2013

Hi Guys

I have probably done something stupid but wonder if someone can help me out.

I am running CS6 on my Macbook Pro (OS 10.8.3) and decided to run an update. Everything went fine until I fired up CS6 again. Now it appears that I have a trial version of CS6 Extended and I'm being asked for the product key. I've no idea how this happened, don't want CS6 Extended and want to get back to CS6 which i have obviously paid for.

Can I simply uninstall the extended version and re load my copy of CS6 or will this use up my "2nd machine" part of the licence. Is anyone able to explain how, when running the updates, I have managed to end up with an Extended version?

I haven't installed CS6 on my desktop yet as I have just replaced my old machine with a new iMac.

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Paul

-- hide signature --
ANSWER:
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem updating CS6
In reply to Ellar, May 6, 2013

My best guess would be to go to the help menus and select the deactivate option, removing it as if you were simply going to change computers, the do a fresh install.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ellar
Like?
Can't "deactivate"
In reply to coronawithlime, May 6, 2013

coronawithlime wrote:

My best guess would be to go to the help menus and select the deactivate option, removing it as if you were simply going to change computers, the do a fresh install.

Hi coronawithlime

Thanks for the response but I can't select the deactivate option because it is greyed out, probably because I now have a trial version. I'm thinking the best option is to do an uninstall and then re load my copy of CS6. I'm just not sure if there will be any repercussions

-- hide signature --
Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,118
Like?
Re: Can't "deactivate"
In reply to Ellar, May 6, 2013

I'm too lazy to google this right now but that was a problem w/ a specific update.  I believe that Adobe released either a update to the update or a special little tool to 'do the right thing' and fix it.

You'll have to do a little searching

coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
In reply to Howard Moftich, May 6, 2013

I seem to remember seeing a "removal tool" on the Adobe site that sounded like it was for cleaning up the mess.  Maybe that's what is needed.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,118
Like?
In reply to coronawithlime, May 6, 2013
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Ellar
Like?
Problem solved

Howard Moftich wrote:

I'm too lazy to google this right now but that was a problem w/ a specific update.  I believe that Adobe released either a update to the update or a special little tool to 'do the right thing' and fix it.

You'll have to do a little searching

Hi Howard

I had already googled this,before posting here, without success. However perseverance and some lateral thinking eventually found the solution. I've posted the link below to help anyone else with the same problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114727?start=0&tstart=0

Thanks anyway

Paul

-- hide signature --
Ellar
Like?
Howard

Was just typing my "problem solved" reply when you posted this.

Thanks, Howard

Paul

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads