**The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 05 06**

Started May 6, 2013 | Discussions
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,379Gear list
Like?
**The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 05 06**
May 6, 2013

Welcome to the Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images thread.

This thread will appear every Monday and is open for submissions and discussions about images and processing techniques until the next Monday.

ONLY Images from Four Thirds DSLR Cameras please, So please, No Micro4/3!

Instructions: Images, any kind, any date, any processing.

1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Please reply to at least one other contribution, your replies encourage posters!!!

3. If asked, please share your processing techniques or technical details.

4.Show the EXIF if possible.

Thanks for joining and contributing this week.

Andrew (19andrew47)

19andrew47
Like?
Forever Fab?
In reply to 19andrew47, May 6, 2013

An apple a day?  Two apples, different trees?

Taken through a bus window in Miami while on the way to the airport.  This was just after Apple negotiated the rights to post their music on iTunes.  The image is far less than perfect but I felt compelled to take it.

Andrew

14 - 54 mm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,823Gear list
Like?
Re: Forever Fab?

19andrew47 wrote:

An apple a day?  Two apples, different trees?

Taken through a bus window in Miami while on the way to the airport.  This was just after Apple negotiated the rights to post their music on iTunes.  The image is far less than perfect but I felt compelled to take it.

Andrew

14 - 54 mm

Certainly far better music than much of what passes as "music" today.  I have the complete Beatles collection and still enjoy the music these many years later.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Adrijana

E-1 in dangerous territory: ISO 800

-- hide signature --

Dr. Lecter

Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,510Gear list
Like?

Yeah, at least as long as I live, they're forever fab. I have so many treasured memories with their music playing in the background that I couldn't begin to count them. Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,510Gear list
Like?
More flowers

Currently, I'm doing flowers. All of these within walking distance of my home, a half mile, one way, my maximum range, at present. Doctors say walk for recuperation. OK, I can do that. I'm just lucky to live in an area with many gardens. Thanks for putting up with my (current) one track photography. I still have a sore gut from surgery and the articulating live view screen on E3 and E5 is a great help with the stiff gut. Rich

All of these with E5 and ZD 50mm macro.

Bud from first pic, a few days ago.

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,894Gear list
Like?
E-510 @ISO-800 - choir concert

My mother-in-law is a part of an amateur choir - composed entirely of medical doctors - hence the yellow ties and scarves (yellow is the colour for medical graduates). The wife and I went to see them give a free concert at the local Municipal Hall on Saturday. Lighting was yellow and dim, so, had to dial in high ISO. Couldn´t get up from the seat during the performance - hence just the one angle.

The entire ensemble plus conductor.

My mother-in-law is the lady in the centre with the longer skirt and smiley face.

There were a few chuckles in between numbers.

Good time was had by all!

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
photophile
Like?

googoogajoob! It is strange seeing what is now an almost 50 year old band still being advertised as if new. But the music has remained timeless - and for that reason, there will probably still be posters/pictures (whatever the technology at the time will be) of the mop-tops in another 50 years time. Hard to believe that some "experts" predicted as early at 1960 that rock n roll music was a passing fad and would probably not last the decade.

The Beatles were a bit before my time - but growing up in the UK, I had obviously heard of them and seen the old pictures on TV many times. However, I hadn´t really appreciated the music fully. A friend of mine back in 1988 bought a new fangled thing called a DVD player - so he was (foolishly) throwing/giving away all his tape cassettes! I was a student at the time - so I rescued about half of his collection - many of which were full Beatles Albums.  While studying, I played the tapes - and it was only then that I realised "wow!!" Beatles music is...weird/different/strange/catchy...hard to put it into any category. When I heard "Piggies" I thought - what was THAT!!?? Suffice to say I now have my own complete collection of all Beatles Albums and know every song by heart!

-- hide signature --

AH

Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
steadyhand
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Reflections of NY: A walk on the Empire

First week with the Olympus E-PL5. First Micro 4/3 camera. Im in love.

Taken with the Oly E-PL5, transmitted to and edited on the iPad with Snapseed.

-- hide signature --

www.steadyhandimagery.com

steadyhand's gear list:steadyhand's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
19andrew47
Like?
Re: Reflections of NY: A walk on the Empire
In reply to steadyhand, May 6, 2013

I like the image and the processing you used.  However, please note that this particular thread is for images taken with 4/3 cameras only and excludes all micro 4/3 cameras.  This is noted in the opening post for this thread.  You could try posting this in the Bootstrap Sunday Scapes thread in this forum which has no restrictions on camera type or maker, or alternatively, in a post in the Micro 4/3 forum.

Thanks,

Andrew

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: E-510 @ISO-800 - choir concert
In reply to photophile, May 7, 2013

Nice work... who says Oly can't do low light!

-- hide signature --

Dr. Lecter

Roger Engelken
Like?
Sunday out with the cameras.
In reply to 19andrew47, May 7, 2013

E-5 and ZD 14-35

E-1 and ZD 50-200

E-420 and ZD 25

Lots of high clouds in the region, but what are three cameras supposed to do?

Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,399
Like?
Nova Scotia is the greenest place

with E30 and 12-60

barn

and behind the barn

Roger Engelken
Like?
Re: Nova Scotia is the greenest place
In reply to minniev, May 7, 2013

If the front range of Colorado ever got that green, I would be worried.  I do miss the green, and your shots captured the green of Nova Scotia quite well.  Thank you for sharing these.

photophile
Like?
Re: Sunday out with the cameras.
In reply to Roger Engelken, May 7, 2013

Still looking a bit gloomy over there, but I can't imagine blue skies are that far off now. Just hang on in there - and keep the cameras firing

-- hide signature --

AH

steadyhand
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?

19andrew47 wrote:

I like the image and the processing you used.  However, please note that this particular thread is for images taken with 4/3 cameras only and excludes all micro 4/3 cameras.  This is noted in the opening post for this thread.  You could try posting this in the Bootstrap Sunday Scapes thread in this forum which has no restrictions on camera type or maker, or alternatively, in a post in the Micro 4/3 forum.

Thanks,

Andrew

Completely missed that. I apologize. Im new to the 4/3 world. Thank you for addressing it with tact. These forums, at times, are shark infested waters.

Again, thanks.

Dave

-- hide signature --

www.steadyhandimagery.com

steadyhand's gear list:steadyhand's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
19andrew47
Like?
In reply to steadyhand, May 7, 2013

Once again, I enjoyed your image and hope that you continue to post, and as I suggested, the Bootstrap Sunday Scapes would be an excellent place in this forum.  Hope to see more from you Dave.

Andrew

CollBaxter
Forum ProPosts: 12,438Gear list
Like?
Fish Eye Pano

While in Namibia I though I would try this pano for fun. The sun and clouds where very patchy.

Fish River Cnyon E-5 Samyang 8mm FE 6 shot pano. ( I left the lens in the picture)

Looking Down with the FE

-- hide signature --

Collin
(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
http://collinbaxter.zenfolio.com/
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter/image/95297052.jpg

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
George Berner
Regular MemberPosts: 291Gear list
Like?
Morikami Garden Delray Beach, Fl.

Olympus E-1  Leica 14-150 lens

Olympus E-5  Leica 14-150 lens

Olympus E-1  Leica 14-150 lens

Olympus E-5  Leica 14-150 lens

George Berner's gear list:George Berner's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads