IMac 27 and calibration

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions
clager
Contributing MemberPosts: 566Gear list
Like?
IMac 27 and calibration
May 5, 2013

Hi all!

A few years back the Colormunki from x-rite was the only way to calibrate the IMac-27. It worked so and so, calibrating colors, etc but it didnt adress the luminace of the monitor, that had to be done manually before actual calibration.

Well my colormunki has packed up, always gives an Error message in the end so you cant save the profile??  dont know why this happens?

Nowdays however I keep hearing a lot about the colorvision eyes-display Elite, etc, Elite 3 and 4 and so on.

Anybody here with any experience of these external calibration units or perhaps something else?

clager's gear list:clager's gear list
Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Howard Moftich
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,118
Like?
Re: IMac 27 and calibration
In reply to clager, May 5, 2013

there are lots of products all confusingly called ColorMunki so it depends on which one you have.  I have the 'Photo' unit so it will do monitors and paper profiling.  If the unit is still operational, you may be able to use a different piece of software like Argyll (free but complicated) or BasICColor Display (has a trial) before you shell out for a whole new unit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
clager
Like?
In reply to Howard Moftich, May 5, 2013

Howard Moftich wrote:

there are lots of products all confusingly called ColorMunki so it depends on which one you have.  I have the 'Photo' unit so it will do monitors and paper profiling.  If the unit is still operational, you may be able to use a different piece of software like Argyll (free but complicated) or BasICColor Display (has a trial) before you shell out for a whole new unit.

Hi!

I have the same as you. The "photo". The actual unit dont seem to respond when moving the outer ring, you know when moving it according to what the software tells you. Weird really.

Howard Moftich
Like?

does the iMac know/acknowledge that there is a device out there?  Or does it know there is a device but it simply doesn't respond to moving the ring?  (have you VERIFIED that the little sliding black door over the sensor is open?)

clager
Like?
In reply to Howard Moftich, May 5, 2013

Howard Moftich wrote:

does the iMac know/acknowledge that there is a device out there?  Or does it know there is a device but it simply doesn't respond to moving the ring?  (have you VERIFIED that the little sliding black door over the sensor is open?)

Yep the Mac acknowledged the unit and the little slider is open once inside the pouch. I looked at the x-rites troubleshooting and sure enough this error message is quite common.

These softwares you mentioned are they compatible with the colormunki?  or maybe I should try to re-install the x-rites original software?

the unit in itself must be OK, it hasnt been dropped or anything so Im sure the problems somehow lies with the software.

cheers. Chris.

Howard Moftich
Like?

You certainly could try re-installing the Xrite software.

Yes, BasICColor & Argyll/dispcalGUI is compatible w/ the CM Photo (as the NEC Spectraview software (only for NEC monitors though)).  You'll need to go into SystemPreferences, select the X-Rite Deivces tab and click to OFF (otherwise, the other drivers cant connect to the CM)

clager wrote:

Howard Moftich wrote:

Yep the Mac acknowledged the unit and the little slider is open once inside the pouch. I looked at the x-rites troubleshooting and sure enough this error message is quite common.

These softwares you mentioned are they compatible with the colormunki?  or maybe I should try to re-install the x-rites original software?

the unit in itself must be OK, it hasnt been dropped or anything so Im sure the problems somehow lies with the software.

cheers. Chris.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads