Help to improve this image with PSE/LR

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions
jroy
Regular MemberPosts: 467Gear list
Like?
Help to improve this image with PSE/LR
May 5, 2013

I have been learning processing with PSE 9 for sometime. This is panorama shot which I have tried to enhance by adjusting sharpness mostly. If someone can further improve this  using PSE and also list the workflow , would be very helpful. I am also curious to know, if LR could do a better job.

Thanks.

-JRoy

jroy's gear list:jroy's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Ronny Harris
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,792
Like?
Re: Help to improve this image with PSE/LR
In reply to jroy, May 5, 2013

I gave it a little color with Selective Color and Dodge and Burn with color.

Ronny

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jroy
Regular MemberPosts: 467Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ronny Harris, May 5, 2013

Thanks Ronny, that is a very nice improvement. Dodge and burn is something I was not familiar with. Selective color I am guessing using the individual RGB levelling however I am not able to get the same effect as you had with the sky. Is RGB Leveling is all that you have used ?

-JRoy

Ronny Harris wrote:

I gave it a little color with Selective Color and Dodge and Burn with color.

Ronny

jroy's gear list:jroy's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Ronny Harris
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,792
Like?
In reply to jroy, May 5, 2013

Selective Color is an adjustment layer in Photoshop.  I used it to replace the white in the sky with blue.  http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/41844596   I also used it to increase the reds, yellows, and greens.

I used a Soft light layer for dodging and painted green on the grass and evergreen trees as well as warm tones on the hardwood trees.  I used a color burn layer to add darker colors.

For Soft light dodging and burning, hold down Alt and click on the make new layer icon.  When the layer dialog box comes up, choose Soft light in the mode drop down menu.  Then click on the box for filling with gray.  You can now dodge with white or light colors and burn with black or dark colors.  You will need to use a low flow brush.  For more dramatic effects, you can choose Color Dodge or Color Burn in the mode drop down menu and then click the box that fills with black or white.  I tried to keep it subtle.

Ronny

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads