*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 3,840Gear list
Like?
Re: Fiesta in San Antonio
In reply to kgwhite, Apr 29, 2013

Really like the first, reminds me of the Alien movie where the monsters hid in the ceiling and the unsuspecting victims walked underneath...

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 2,067Gear list
Like?
Re: Around the Lake
In reply to FredB, Apr 29, 2013

Like the first one a lot (that is not to comment critically on the flowers - that kind of photography does not turn my crank somehow). Nice to see a G1 taking a great photo. The post processing interests me.

F.

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Women!
In reply to ju_ju, Apr 29, 2013

ju_ju wrote:

Wormseat, a smashing image I like the idea and rendering a lot. A shame it wont show 100% and if I click on original it says it is private, yet I can view it in your gallery. happens all the time here now.

Hmm, wonder if the same applies for everyone?

Also I see you have a a lot of other fine images in your gallery.

Thanks, appreciated.

A fun snap of Oil on water, Post processing- ramped the saturation.

Reminds me of a famous painting. Driving me mad trying to recall its name.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: African Daisy Macro
In reply to alfredo_tomato, Apr 29, 2013

Hi Al, long time no beer talk...

Love the first, reminds me of praying hands.

David Grant
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: Toronto
In reply to FrankS009, Apr 29, 2013

Thanks Frank.  Union Station was originally in colour, but I somehow liked it better in B&W.

David Grant's gear list:David Grant's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Mostly feathers and fur
In reply to dotweb, Apr 29, 2013

Bird shots are my thing and nor are squirrels, BUT that first squirrel shot is a beaut. Super cute.

The yellow house is good too, can't thinking there's a few more angles to explore there too.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Doors and flowers....must be spring....
In reply to jalywol, Apr 29, 2013

You *do* love pictures of doors    I like the no parkin' shot, it leaves one wondering if they meant to spell it like that or they ran out of space.

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to David Grant, Apr 29, 2013

The first is just unusual, looks like a film set that could collapse at any moment. Like the Flat Iron shot too.

minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,258
Like?
the swamp and the things that live there
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 29, 2013

The swamp this morning in the fog, and the local wildlife exhibit (those unfortunates who were captured in the swamp earlier)

jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,887Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wormsmeat, Apr 29, 2013

Wormsmeat wrote:

You *do* love pictures of doors    I like the no parkin' shot, it leaves one wondering if they meant to spell it like that or they ran out of space.

Knowing the area, my guess is they ran out of space....

-J

jalywol
jalywol MOD
Like?

FrankS009 wrote:

Appreciate the first door particularly. Must develop my appreciation of macro photography: these are beautiful but don't move me. Like some chamber music.

G5?

F.

Took a look again, and perhaps I spoke too soon about the first tulip not having emotional appeal. It seems ....voluptuous.

I love photographing flowers, but it is truly difficult to make a photo that captures anything other than what they are.   Doesn't stop me from going out and trying every spring and summer, though ...and inflicting my efforts on my fellow forum members....

Yes, these were with the G5.  Unfortunately the town shots were taken with the 14-140mm, which is not as high a contrast lens as some of my primes, and I think the results suffered a little because of it.  I plan to go back on the next nice day and try again with different lenses.

-J

alfredo_tomato
Senior MemberPosts: 2,545Gear list
Like?

Yeah, I haven't been around much. I've been dealing with some vertigo issues.

I've been enjoying my beer. Just finished a sixer of Schlafly American IPA. It's close to Hopslam, but not as sweet.  Stone IPA is next in line.

The focusing rails and the two armed macro light has breathed new life in my macros.

I've been thinking of moving to either the Panasonic G3 or G5, or the Oly EPL-5.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Like?
Re: Sleepless in Seattle rEdUX
In reply to LincolnB, Apr 29, 2013

Lincoln, I like your style!

Very enjoyable work you are doing.

-J

David Grant
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?

Thanks for your comments Wormsmeat.

David Grant's gear list:David Grant's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
FredB
Contributing MemberPosts: 828Gear list
Like?
In reply to David Grant, Apr 29, 2013

thank you and agree, it was one of those days

FredB's gear list:FredB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
FredB
Like?

Sadly the G1 is terrible when it comes to handling reds and I've always had difficulty with it.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
FredB
Like?

Thanks much, and I understand there is quite a bit of flower photography around.

I use Lightroom mostly using custom filters I have created over time.

FredB
Like?
In reply to kgwhite, Apr 29, 2013

Thank you, I find my photos tend to follow my mood or to provide an emotional extension of my thoughts more than for technical details

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to alfredo_tomato, Apr 29, 2013

alfredo_tomato wrote:

Yeah, I haven't been around much. I've been dealing with some vertigo issues.

Nor me, work getting in the way.

I've been enjoying my beer. Just finished a sixer of Schlafly American IPA. It's close to Hopslam, but not as sweet.  Stone IPA is next in line.

IPA seems to be making a comeback over here too. It was developed to survive the long sea voyages from England to India back in the 18th century.

The focusing rails and the two armed macro light has breathed new life in my macros.

I've been thinking of moving to either the Panasonic G3 or G5, or the Oly EPL-5.

Do it man, you're a long time looking at that lid.

FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 2,067Gear list
Like?
In reply to jalywol, Apr 29, 2013

Learning to appreciate new things is the name of the game, and your flowers are a good place to start.

From a previous thread, I hope you have a different G5 and  new thumb wheel or got yours fixed.

F.

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads