*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,990Gear list
Like?
*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.04.29 ***
Apr 29, 2013

Following the previous weekly topic  . . .

Whether for show/tell, C&C or whatnot let's see what you've been up to this week.

1. Reply to THIS message, post your image, image specs, and anything else about the photo or experience you'd like to convey.

2. Embed the image please, for everyone's convenience.

3. Please give some observational feedback on another's post in due course.

-

We are currently seeking funding to be able to continue providing Inspirational Closing Quotes.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,990Gear list
Like?
Patience
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 29, 2013

It was a spring-like weekend, looking for something spring-like to shoot. . . up in the Catskills it was mainly the first buds showing.

Stopped at Devil's Tombstone campground to set tripod and get the head out of the world and into the viewfinder.    With a polarizer and vari-ND, the sky is a little odd due to blown channel recovery.

OM-D w/ Lumix 12-35/2.8

I was going to go to North/South Lake for the Sunset Rock view on Friday, but past experience lead me to think that campers are more likely to check out the location on a Friday night, so I put it off until Saturday.   Turns out the campgrounds are still closed.   Could only get to the South Lake dam, walked around the lakes and onward to the escarpment.   1/2 way there the clouds led me to believe the sunset would be a bust, and I almost turned around.   I forced myself to give it a shot anyway, I could use the exercise.  Got there, set up, waited. . . patience panned out, it wasn't a complete bust. There were a few moments of light that got through here, in the end.

OM-D & Oly 9-18 w/polarizer

A few moments earlier, 3 manually bracketed exposures blended in HDR Efex.

Starting out on the hike back, before the flashlight had to be utilized

OM-D & Oly 12/2, Mono JPG tweaked a little

The 2nd round of patience was the Sunday Morning feeder sitting.   The Red Finches (or are they Purple finches?) are quite timid, the males extremely so.   In order to sit within 10' I had to use a cammo 'tent' and sit for quite some time. . . but there was good light (for the trees still only budding) for a good exposure that paid off.

OM-D & Lumix 100-300

Living vicariously through these again, while sitting in a windowless basement office for the rest of the work week.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,478Gear list
Like?
Re: Patience

Very good pictures Bob. Well done.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 834
Like?
A week of sunshine...

...made all the difference to the garden - finally a bit of colour - I'm not very good with plant names, so the following are guesses :

Lily

Ceanothus (California Lily)

Faded daffodils with visitor

Tulips

Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) - no flowers yet

Rose - must get some fly spray

...and now for something different - a panorama of our local wetlands bird sanctuary - four 9-18 images merged. Big problem - there were no birds in sight - the 4 km perimeter path keeps you well away from them. Perhaps a visit earlier or later in the day would be more productive!

Aleo Veuliah
Like?
Re: A week of sunshine...
In reply to cfh25, Apr 29, 2013

Liked much. good pictures, nice colors.

-- hide signature --

Aleo Photo Site

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Aleo Veuliah
Like?
Re: Just some.

-- hide signature --

Aleo Photo Site

cfh25
Like?

Nice series of images - the weather makes all the difference - let's hope it stays OK for the local May Day fiesta

cfh25
Like?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 29, 2013

Good images, Aleo - looks like you've had the same improved weather as we had in Galicia

FredB
Contributing MemberPosts: 828Gear list
Like?
Around the Lake

Few images with the 12-50, 14, and 40-150 from around Richland Chambers in Texas

FredB's gear list:FredB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
deuler
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Shoes

My partner doesn't usually ask for photography help, but this weekend she needed to take some pictures of shoes. 'Espardrilles' as they are called here in Catalunya. We decided to take a 'lifestyle' image which shows a young couple wearing them and then a detail shot of the shoes themselves. The images were taken using an OMD with the 25mm pana/leica with a variable ND on so i could control the depth of field better. We also employed a speedlight tucked up in a portable softbox with a grid added for more precision. I was happy with what we were able to achieve on very grey/rainy day although if i could reshoot, i'd have used a smaller aperture as the DOF wasn't large enough for the 'lifestyle' picture, the shoes weren't in focus properly -but the image is for mood as opposed to product (cough cough).

The second last pic was taken the weekend before. It was taken using the OMD + lumix 35-100. I liked the juxtaposition of the boy and the graffiti.

C+C welcomed

Thanks,

David

deuler
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Re: Around the Lake
In reply to FredB, Apr 29, 2013

FredB wrote:

Few images with the 12-50, 14, and 40-150 from around Richland Chambers in Texas

Hi FredB

I really like the way the mood of this image contradicts what it symbolises; must be an interesting 'spring around the lake' in Richland Chambers, Tx. Thanks for posting!

David

ju_ju
Contributing MemberPosts: 907Gear list
Like?

Fred superb like the third and fourth shots a lot.

Been among the fishermen this week.

ju_ju's gear list:ju_ju's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II +18 more
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,701Gear list
Like?
Sleepless in Seattle rEdUX

There's a surprising number of people out and about after dark, including this gentlemen who volunteered to pose for this shot.

Caught the moonrise by the Post-Intelligencer globe.

If you leave the shutter open long enough you can turn night into day.

Some are always running but never getting anywhere.

What keeps me up at night:

While I'm at it, let's just throw in the kitchen sink:

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
kgwhite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,754Gear list
Like?
Fiesta in San Antonio

Fiesta is a two week long party that San Antonio throws for itself every year. These are all black and white images shot of the last 2 weekends. The last one is one the photo impressionist side.

LincolnB
Like?

Well-rewarded patience. The finch, in particular, is as sharp as a knife. I don't like the B&W hiking shot as well as the others, but it's a tough crowd to be in.

Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
LincolnB
Like?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 29, 2013

Wonderful colors on the dog shot.

LincolnB
Like?
Re: Fiesta in San Antonio
In reply to kgwhite, Apr 29, 2013

The first couple of shots are intriguing at first but then I thought they were overly busy. I like the musician shots and the last is my favorite.

kgwhite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,754Gear list
Like?
Re: Sleepless in Seattle rEdUX
In reply to LincolnB, Apr 29, 2013

I like the first one best. Something about the way the subject interrupts the long perspective view is interesting and somewhat jarring. The eye wants to continue down the bridge but the subject demands attention.

dotweb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586Gear list
Like?
Re: Fiesta in San Antonio
In reply to kgwhite, Apr 29, 2013

Well done PP.

//Steen

-- hide signature --

Steen
dotweb.dk
SLIK 700 pro AMT/Olympus gear E-1, E-3, E-400, OM-D, EP-L1

dotweb's gear list:dotweb's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-400 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +5 more
dotweb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586Gear list
Like?

My favorite - lovely atmosphere and colors.

Well done

//Steen

-- hide signature --

Steen
dotweb.dk
SLIK 700 pro AMT/Olympus gear E-1, E-3, E-400, OM-D, EP-L1

dotweb's gear list:dotweb's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-400 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads