Epson Stylus Pro 7890 question

Started Apr 29, 2013 | Discussions
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,007
Like?
Epson Stylus Pro 7890 question
Apr 29, 2013

Do you leave yours on all of the time. my experience with printers is that this is best. If you do with the 7890, do you leave the roll paper loaded? I have found if i do it leaves a a mark across the paper where it was held. I use a heavy 300gm paper and you can see this line on the first print used after the machine was left for some time. So i have started releasing the paper.so now do i leave it with the rollers open and the orange warning light on, or close them (on nothing). Just wondering what other users do.

Jules

Tom-C
Senior MemberPosts: 1,045Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson Stylus Pro 7890 question
In reply to JulesJ, Apr 29, 2013

I leave my 7900 off and unloaded when not in use.  I also cover it with a custom printer cover.

Tom

Tom-C's gear list:Tom-C's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JulesJ
Like?
In reply to Tom-C, Apr 29, 2013

Tom-C wrote:

I leave my 7900 off and unloaded when not in use.  I also cover it with a custom printer cover.

Tom

Thanks for you info Tom.

Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,308
Like?
In reply to JulesJ, Apr 30, 2013

I leave my 9890 on all the time. I never leave paper loaded (the manual advises against it). I do sometimes leave paper on the roller, but not loaded. The flashing light and the message that comes up on my computer screen do drive me nuts, but I was never that sane to start with.

I cover it with a polyester shower curtain at the end of the day.

Brian A

JulesJ
Like?
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 30, 2013

Hugowolf wrote:

I leave my 9890 on all the time. I never leave paper loaded (the manual advises against it). I do sometimes leave paper on the roller, but not loaded. The flashing light and the message that comes up on my computer screen do drive me nuts, but I was never that sane to start with.

I cover it with a polyester shower curtain at the end of the day.

Same here, I use a large pastic sheet that arrived as packing on my 40 x 58" card.

Brian A

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads