Intervalometer BS from Canon- may switch to a value added brand!!!

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 12,510
Like?
Re: Intervalometer BS from Canon- may switch to a value added brand!!!
In reply to rstone, Apr 30, 2013

rstone wrote:

Every company preaches they are "Focused on the Customer "

Every company preaches they are "Focused on Safety"

Every company preaches they are "Focused on Quality"

Every company preaches they are "Focused on Employee Satisfaction"

Every company preaches they are "Focused on Yada, Yada, Yada"

Of course we all know what they are really focused on and that is making money.

They are all the same. Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Walmart, GM, etc.. All of the top focuses take a back seat to the last focus.. That's the way it has always been and that's the way it'll always be..

And if they aren't focused on making money, they can focus on sending out layoff slips when they go out of business, leaving employees without jobs and users with orphaned cameras.

Canon, Nikon etc. are not running social programs though many people seem to think they should be.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 12,510
Like?
Re: Threats don't work
In reply to DotCom Editor, Apr 30, 2013

DotCom Editor wrote:

summitphotographer wrote:

If I don't see some firmware updates for the 5D and later bodies that include the intervalometer, I'm gone and gonna pawn my Canon S#!t for somthing [sic] more reasonably supported.

Yes, I'm sure Canon is now rushing to develop a solution. Good luck with whatever you buy. John James Audobon didn't even need a camera.

Odd that someone who would invest so much in a system camera would suddenly declare the whole thing s#!t over something so freaking piddly. Anyone who has spent any time with Canon DSLR's knows what Magic Lantern is, that it is free, that it won't void the warranty, and that it will solve this little problem much more easily, quickly and certainly than will throwing a hissy fit.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

photosen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,493Gear list
Like?
It's the end of the world as we know it...
In reply to summitphotographer, Apr 30, 2013

... And I feel fine!

I was going to reply: Go to your room and stop playing with your dad's camera! But hey, we all have cranky days.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Drew Saur
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
In reply to summitphotographer, 11 months ago

EOS Utility is the reason why it's not built-in.

Drew

summitphotographer wrote:

So...we have a hummingbird nest on our back porch with 2 eggs and a faithful mom, we are trying our best to not disturb her, I've been able to setup my tripod in a way she tolerates, but my 5D, 10D, and LX5 all lack a built in intervalometer.  I dug through an old drawer and found our Powershot S40, charged up the batt, and checked the menu, it has a built-in intervalometer which allows for 1-100 shots from 1 min to 60min apart.  wtf Canon, why does my 11 year old digicam have this feature and my $7K worth of later bodys do not?  There's no excuse for this, there's no reason to force people to buy the f#*king electronic shtter release, especially now that Nikon, Pany, and Sony have the intervalometer built in like the ole S40.

I'd like to post some 5D 100 2.8 Macro photos of the little nest, but instead I'll post some S40 intervalometer pics.

To be fair I'm going to post something similar in the Pany forum because my LX5 lacks this feature also, wheras the LX7 includes it- also BS.

If I don't see some firmware updates for the 5D and later bodies that include the intervalometer, I'm gone and gonna pawn my Canon S#!t for somthing more reasonably supported.  Behind on sensor tech, behind on priceing models, that may be new, but screwing your customers out of basic features not so new.

-- hide signature --

Summit County Photog

Windylea
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
In reply to Drew Saur, 11 months ago

EOS Utility:

Isn't this the way to go for this sort of problem?

When faced with doing time lapses of ice crystal growth, a simple USB link and EOS Utility enabled me to run for 24 hours or more, though I needed a mains unit (available from 3rd parties at low cost).  Using software such as Photolapse made it easy to create time lapse movies too!

pete zeugma
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Re: Sorry to break this to you....
In reply to Dave Luttmann, 11 months ago

obviously went waaaayy over the top of your head..

Higher Living
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Re: You miss the point entirely
In reply to summitphotographer, 11 months ago

I agree it would be good to have in camera, but there are advantages to having a remote release as a separate accessory, such as stopping vibrations or movement associated with pressing the shutter button.

Also, you can get a cheap copy of the Canon intervalometer from eBay or Amazon for around $10 or so, no big deal.

Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 11,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry to break this to you....
In reply to pete zeugma, 11 months ago

pete zeugma wrote:

obviously went waaaayy over the top of your head..

Nope...not at all.  Obviously the original intent of the post is lost on you....that is why your analogy failed.  Wow...two failures in one thread.  Why don't you try for a hat track?

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads