Play high ISO with 60D indoor.

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions
Jocka
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Play high ISO with 60D indoor.
Apr 28, 2013

with this ISO level ..this pics are good enough (for me at least).

thanks to 60D

Jocka's gear list:Jocka's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Loose_Canon
Regular MemberPosts: 222Gear list
Like?
Re: Play high ISO with 60D indoor.
In reply to Jocka, Apr 28, 2013

What balance is a bit off in the second... anyway, if you photograph in Raw and do some careful noise removal, you can go much higher. Here's one at 5000:

N.

Loose_Canon's gear list:Loose_Canon's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jocka
Like?
In reply to Loose_Canon, Apr 28, 2013

thanks for response

at that time i just tried shot in jpeg and see what's the result, and no any pp for all pics.

for the 2nd yes i could not change the wb in dpp since it's jpg. . .  :).

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Loose_Canon
Regular MemberPosts: 222Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jocka, Apr 28, 2013

I use lightroom, not DPP, but many programs let you play with the white balance of jpegs too, even Picasa. I'm relatively new to the Raw world and only purchased lightroom a few months ago (worth every penny!)... I did basic manipulations on jpegs for years, but I didn't go above about 3200 ISO. The results using Raw with 5000 ISO amazed me.

N.

Loose_Canon's gear list:Loose_Canon's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Jocka
Like?

Hi

many thanks for sharing.

the last one i push until 6400, and still OK for me.

Jocka

skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,651Gear list
Like?

Loose_Canon wrote:

What balance is a bit off in the second... anyway, if you photograph in Raw and do some careful noise removal, you can go much higher. Here's one at 5000:

N.

Nice ! What do you use for NR?

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Ed Rizk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,433
Like?
In reply to skanter, Apr 28, 2013

skanter wrote:

Loose_Canon wrote:

N.

Nice ! What do you use for NR?

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

Same question from me.  I don't get very clean shots above 3200 with Aperture.  I feel a very painful software change coming on.

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jocka, Apr 29, 2013

Jocka wrote:

thanks for response

at that time i just tried shot in jpeg and see what's the result, and no any pp for all pics.

You CAN adjust WB in DPP!  Here's the instructions copied and pasted from the DPP help file:

1. Click the [ ] ("Eyedropper") button.

• When you move the cursor over the image, the cursor  changes to [ ] ("Eyedropper") .

2. Click on a point that is to be the standard for white.

• The color of the image is adjusted with the point you selected as the standard for white.

• If you click on another point in the image, the white balance is adjusted again.

• To finish click white balance, right-click with the mouse or click the [ ] ("Eyedropper")   button again.

You can adjust white balance using a selected part of an image as the standard for white to make the image appear natural. Using click white balance is effective when using it in parts of an image where white color tone has changed under the influence of a light source.

Adjusting Color Tone Using Click White Balance When there are no white areas in your image

When there are no white areas in your image, you can adjust the white balance by clicking on a grey point of the image in step 2. This has the same adjustment result as selecting a white point.

• The coordinates of the cursor position and the RGB values (8-bit conversion) of the image are displayed in the lower-left of the window.

• The image is adjusted based on the average value of 5 x 5 pixel range from the clicked point.

• The histogram display changes according to adjustment. You can also fix the histogram display to the display before any adjustments. (Tool Palette)

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Flying Fish
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,957
Like?
adjusting wb of jpegs
In reply to Jocka, Apr 29, 2013

Those are nice.  I've had similar results with my T2i.  You can adjust wb in jpegs, but not directly as far as I know.  You do it by adjusting the color balance using the RBG scale.  Canon's free software will do that and it's quite effective and quite easy to use.

FF

Jocka
Like?
In reply to Y0GI, May 2, 2013
Adjusting Color Tone Using Click White Balance When there are no white areas in your image

Y0GI wrote:

Jocka wrote:

thanks for response

You CAN adjust WB in DPP!  Here's the instructions copied and pasted from the DPP help file:

1. Click the [ ] ("Eyedropper") button.

• When you move the cursor over the image, the cursor  changes to [ ] ("Eyedropper") .

2. Click on a point that is to be the standard for white.

• The color of the image is adjusted with the point you selected as the standard for white.

• If you click on another point in the image, the white balance is adjusted again.

• To finish click white balance, right-click with the mouse or click the [ ] ("Eyedropper")   button again.

You can adjust white balance using a selected part of an image as the standard for white to make the image appear natural. Using click white balance is effective when using it in parts of an image where white color tone has changed under the influence of a light source.

When there are no white areas in your image, you can adjust the white balance by clicking on a grey point of the image in step 2. This has the same adjustment result as selecting a white point.

• The coordinates of the cursor position and the RGB values (8-bit conversion) of the image are displayed in the lower-left of the window.

• The image is adjusted based on the average value of 5 x 5 pixel range from the clicked point.

• The histogram display changes according to adjustment. You can also fix the histogram display to the display before any adjustments. (Tool Palette)

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

dear FF & Yogi, many thanks for your sharing...i'll try it. btw thanks to this forum too .

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads