Longview, Washington

Started Apr 28, 2013 | Discussions
JamesD2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,170Gear list
Like?
Longview, Washington
Apr 28, 2013

A somewhat overcast day. My wife and I drove up to Longview for some shopping. Decided to dig out the old DX7590. Just a few images from a park in the center of town.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +3 more
n3eg
Contributing MemberPosts: 574Gear list
Like?
Re: Longview, Washington
In reply to JamesD2, Apr 28, 2013

That's where I live.  Nice pictures.

Just be sure to come back to Lake Sacajawea for the fall colors in October.

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JamesD2
Like?
In reply to n3eg, Apr 28, 2013

Love the park. We'll definitely be back in the fall. Too bad about Three Rivers Mall being so dead. I see it has now lost Sears as well. The place is virtually deserted.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +3 more
oldshutterbug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,574
Like?
In reply to JamesD2, Apr 29, 2013

Beautiful pictures James, the DX7590 certainly produces great color.

I have turned into a total USA nut over the past 3 or 4 years, what a magnificent country you have I can understand why people go to extremes to protect it.

I have hundreds of Railroad and Trolley DVDs that I have accumulated over the years, this has given me an opportunity to view scenery in just about every State in the USA, awesome scenery in just about every one of them.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss ~

SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?

Nice, especially the first image. The rich greens, subtle tones in the water reflections and overall slightly warm ambiance are the essence of springtime.

JamesD2
Like?
In reply to SW Anderson, Apr 29, 2013

Thank you... both. Dave, not sure if you knew this, but I'm a Canadian married to an American and living in the USA. I love my adopted country as if I had been born here. BTW... I left my memory card at home and had only internal memory available. I'm embarrassed by that oversight.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

oldshutterbug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,574
Like?

JamesD2 wrote:

Thank you... both. Dave, not sure if you knew this, but I'm a Canadian married to an American and living in the USA. I love my adopted country as if I had been born here. BTW... I left my memory card at home and had only internal memory available. I'm embarrassed by that oversight.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Crikey my memory is not what it used to be James, I remember that you are Canadian and of course originated in another scenic wonderland, I did not know that you were married to an American and living in the US though, half your luck my friend you have much to explore.

Mmmm forgot your memory card eh, you could have the same problem as me, lol.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss ~

JamesD2
Like?
In reply to oldshutterbug, Apr 29, 2013

LOL... yeah... the memory is not what it used to be I'm afraid. I had a grand total of eight images and then promptly ran out of memory. I should have transferred the card in the Sony over to the Kodak but that never occurred to me. Copied the images from internal memory to a card when I got home and uploaded them to Photobucket to post here.

Been thinking about acquiring another Kodak. Really enjoyed Graham Houghton's video on the Z981 and what it can do if the ISO is low to cut back on noise. Houghton also extols the wonders of the Panasonic Lumix FZ200. Don't really know if I want yet another camera when I hardly use the ones I have. If I "do" decide to go that way, I'll probably sell one or trade it in.

Yeah, I'm from Niagara, Dave. Wonderful scenery there, let me tell you. But I do enjoy the view of the Pacific that I now have. I no longer have to shovel my winters as before. Life is good.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads