EX2 for $150

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions
Kurt_K
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
EX2 for $150
Apr 27, 2013

For those interested, Adorama currently has the EX2 on $150.00. An absolute steal, if you ask me.

paulhome
Contributing MemberPosts: 833Gear list
Like?
Re: EX2 for $150
In reply to Kurt_K, Apr 27, 2013

nice spot. real bargain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KimberlyC
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,094Gear list
Like?
In reply to Kurt_K, Apr 28, 2013

I should not have read this.......but I bought one, thanks for the notice. Sort of.

KimberlyC's gear list:KimberlyC's gear list
Samsung EX2F Olympus PEN E-P2 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Samsung NX210 +7 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
In reply to KimberlyC, Apr 28, 2013

KimberlyC wrote:

I should not have read this.......but I bought one, thanks for the notice. Sort of.

Yeah, I did the same.  I have absolutely no need for the thing...

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Kevin Coppalotti
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,081Gear list
Like?

what is wrong with it? any design flaws - weaknesses? Price cuts occur when something ain't selling well don't they?

-- hide signature --
Defective Camera
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
In reply to Kevin Coppalotti, Apr 28, 2013

Add me to the list of new EX2 owners!  

Phat Wally
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to Defective Camera, Apr 28, 2013

Out of stock in minutes...:-(

supeyugin1
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 28, 2013

viking79 wrote:

KimberlyC wrote:

Yeah, I did the same.  I have absolutely no need for the thing...

Eric

-- hide signature --

Ordered one too. No need as well.

supeyugin1's gear list:supeyugin1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Samsung NX20 Pentax Q7 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +17 more
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,754
Like?
In reply to Kevin Coppalotti, Apr 28, 2013

It probably just is not fashionable or even thought about. It will be rarely mentioned as a choice in the other forums. The LX7 has also been heavily discounted in the US also to be fair.

It is a pretty good camera. Its main fault is that the ISO caps at 400 in PASM and 800 in smart mode and 800 in Smart mode and it will underexpose drastically rather than break this barrier. Left on smart mode it works very well but has a reasonable control and has good external controls but the reviewers can miss some functions as they are different.

The problem with these massive price reductions is they can leave a very sour taste in the mouths of those who have bought the camera at full or even discount prices. I bought mine at £259 in a brief week when the price dropped from I think £360 but it is now £239 on Amazon so it looks like a general price drop and of course £x >= $y in the land of cameras in opposition to the actual exchange rate. I note the NX1000 is now £270 and the Galaxy offer is now going as a bundle for £350.

I think the problem with Samsung they market and support all their cameras as if they are cheap and cheerful compacts and just do not have the wherewithal to interact with the more serious camera community. The fact that the lens software is still buried in the NX10 support page speaks volumes. Also they are making massive amounts of money and destroying Apple so it is probably no real worry to them.

Kevin Coppalotti wrote:

what is wrong with it? any design flaws - weaknesses? Price cuts occur when something ain't selling well don't they?

-- hide signature --
eyalg
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?

What an amazing deal.
So sad (not!) I already have the LX7.
I expect it to end very quickly, like most
50% off deals, so all interested - get it!

-eyalg

eyalg
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?
In reply to eyalg, Apr 28, 2013

Yep, out of stock.

-eyalg

Greynerd
Like?
In reply to eyalg, Apr 28, 2013

I wonder if they do this just to generate a bit of interest. To be honest if they were the same price I would have bought the LX7 but perfectly happy with the EX2. They both have their weaknesses and strengths. The thing the EX2 showed me was how average the sensor was in my m43 EPM1. These modern compacts with the new generation of sensors have left the old m43 sensors looking well below par for their size. The minimalist epm1 was a lot of flash/lens/menu shuffling for not a lot a lot of advantage. The epm2 too expensive.

eyalg wrote:

Yep, out of stock.

-eyalg

viking79
Like?
In reply to Greynerd, Apr 28, 2013

Greynerd wrote:

It probably just is not fashionable or even thought about. It will be rarely mentioned as a choice in the other forums. The LX7 has also been heavily discounted in the US also to be fair.

I agree.

The problem with these massive price reductions is they can leave a very sour taste in the mouths of those who have bought the camera at full or even discount prices.

I agree, I like the Samsung cameras, but they need to do something to help resale price or not have them drop as fast.

I think the problem with Samsung they market and support all their cameras as if they are cheap and cheerful compacts and just do not have the wherewithal to interact with the more serious camera community.

Exactly, treating like general consumer electronics.

The fact that the lens software is still buried in the NX10 support page speaks volumes. Also they are making massive amounts of money and destroying Apple so it is probably no real worry to them.

To be fair in the last few days they have since fixed this.  They now have the Samsung 85 and 30mm firmware updates on the newest camera page so you don't have to go dig for them.  On my website I was just putting links to the latest versions of the firmwares in one spot so people could find them  I guess I don't have to do that any more, I will still do a table of latest firmware version for lens and body.

http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/?page_id=3528

Rough draft of what I had started.

Eric

-- hide signature --

Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,119Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 28, 2013

I own the EX1 and sometimes (even if not often) use it. I like it very much for what it is, but of course the NX are a totally different world, in not too much bigger size (I think about NX200+30mm).

Anyway I think that nx300 could mark a different trend in prices for Samsung: not too expensive at lunch, gorgeous product, could retain a price point among 500 and 650€ for quite a bit.

p.s.: Eric, I really like the page with the latest fw for nx! Please go on keeping it, if you have time! Thanks.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
KimberlyC
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,094Gear list
Like?
In reply to Kurt_K, Apr 29, 2013

Guess there is no free lunch. I just received an email canceling  my order stating the camera was listed with a price error. Oh well. They should honor it even if it was an error, but I guess this means I did not need it.

KimberlyC's gear list:KimberlyC's gear list
Samsung EX2F Olympus PEN E-P2 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Samsung NX210 +7 more
viking79
Like?
In reply to KimberlyC, Apr 29, 2013

KimberlyC wrote:

Guess there is no free lunch. I just received an email canceling  my order stating the camera was listed with a price error. Oh well. They should honor it even if it was an error, but I guess this means I did not need it.

Yeah, that seemed too good to be true

I hate when that happens, but otherwise I imagine Adorama would be selling for a significant loss.

Eric

-- hide signature --

Greynerd
Like?
In reply to KimberlyC, Apr 29, 2013

Sorry to hear you lost out on that deal.

I have that done to me by the now defunct Jacobs in the UK for a NX lens I purchased. When I read the small print on their web site they actually reserved the right to do this and when you accept conditions you can be bound to this. Adorama reserve the right to do this as would any sensible Internet retailer. A pity though and I hope they were apologetic.

http://www.adorama.com/help/termsAndConditions

KimberlyC wrote:

hootsmon
Contributing MemberPosts: 795Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 29, 2013

viking79 wrote:

To be fair in the last few days they have since fixed this.  They now have the Samsung 85 and 30mm firmware updates on the newest camera page so you don't have to go dig for them.  On my website I was just putting links to the latest versions of the firmwares in one spot so people could find them  I guess I don't have to do that any more, I will still do a table of latest firmware version for lens and body.

http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/?page_id=3528

Rough draft of what I had started.

Eric

Eric, your NX firmware directory is long overdue!  Samsung should have done it ages ago, but please stick with it

hootsmon's gear list:hootsmon's gear list
Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads