PictBridge Dilemma

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Questions
Josc
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
PictBridge Dilemma
Apr 27, 2013

Hello;

What need seems so obvious to me that can Not Imagine search engines can NOT FIND even a discussion on Why it is Not available. 
My gran-daughter was wanting a way to get 'instant' pictures like the old Polaroid.  (The cost of film is ridiculous!)  Found a portable 4x6 photo printer at a thrift shop.  When first tried to make it work found that the USB port Is-NOT.  Something called PictBridge ONLY.
Yes she can use an SD card to transfer pictures from the computer.  Technologically it must be possible to have a program for the computer to 'emulate' a PictBridge camera;  use these printers directly.
No search has found that to be possible.  Hopefully someone reading this forum has heard of this being possible and can point me toward that solution.
Thank you,
Jo

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,196
Like?
Re: PictBridge Dilemma
In reply to Josc, Apr 28, 2013

Josc wrote: 
My gran-daughter was wanting a way to get 'instant' pictures like the old Polaroid.  (The cost of film is ridiculous!)  Found a portable 4x6 photo printer at a thrift shop.  When first tried to make it work found that the USB port Is-NOT.  Something called PictBridge ONLY.

'Is not' what?

PictBridge is USB. There are several different USB connectors. PictBridge uses type A at the printer end. Any office supply store should have a USB cable type A to whatever her camera has for a USB port at the other end.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads