Other NX300 owners, question about touch sensitivity

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions
chrisrabe
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Other NX300 owners, question about touch sensitivity
Apr 27, 2013

With regards to responsiveness of touch screen, do you find yourself having to frequently tap the screen several times to get it to respond?

I am still sure on the first camera (that got returned for garbled screen), the screen was far more responsive.

While things generally feel a bit more responsive since the firmware update, I still find myself typically having to tap the screen a couple of times to get it to respond.

chrisrabe's gear list:chrisrabe's gear list
Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS
Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,119Gear list
Like?
Re: Other NX300 owners, question about touch sensitivity
In reply to chrisrabe, Apr 27, 2013

I tested two samples, one was much more sensitive than the other.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
chrisrabe
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Apr 27, 2013

Thanks. Glad to know someone has had the same issue.

Now just not sure if I should return it... it is quite frustrating. The touch screen is something that could be awesome, and find myself often trying to use, but I just get so darn annoyed having to tap the screen several times.

Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS
jeffsvisions
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203Gear list
Like?

as per all the reviews i have read they say the touch sensitivity is very light and you can do it by accident just by letting you finger come in contact with the screen.

-- hide signature --

The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,119Gear list
Like?

I'd suggest you to go and try another sample, so to compare directly!

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,554Gear list
Like?

chrisrabe wrote:

With regards to responsiveness of touch screen, do you find yourself having to frequently tap the screen several times to get it to respond?

Nope one touch.  Too sensitive sometimes.  It is capacitive though so pushing harder won't help.  If you have trouble you could just test it with some lotion for ESD (Electrostatic discharge), maybe even regular lotion would help (just to test).  Some people's hands don't work great with capacitive screens if they are overly dry or something.

I am still sure on the first camera (that got returned for garbled screen), the screen was far more responsive.

While things generally feel a bit more responsive since the firmware update, I still find myself typically having to tap the screen a couple of times to get it to respond.

That is interesting, maybe something is up?  Also realize there are times when the touch screen is locked out (like just after taking a shot).  If the first one worked better it could be a sample difference, but that seems to be a lot of variation.

Mine triggers a split second before I touch it.  Also I don't think it is a multi touch screen, so if your hand is resting up against the side it could block out a press somewhere else, so make sure only one finger is on the screen.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,554Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 27, 2013

I was just out tonight and did exactly what I said, I had my palm supporting the camera in the lower left portion of the screen and it was blocking the touch screen from working even though it wasn't doing anything else.  So double check you don't have another hand touching the screen somewhere

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Raf007
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
In reply to chrisrabe, Apr 29, 2013

My NX300 is responsive, I never had to tap the screen several times. Apart that it locked up three or four times and I had to switch the camera off/on I have no complains.

After reading posts about problems with NX300 it seems that Samsung has some problems with the quality control.

chrisrabe
Like?
In reply to Raf007, Apr 29, 2013

Raf007 wrote:

My NX300 is responsive, I never had to tap the screen several times. Apart that it locked up three or four times and I had to switch the camera off/on I have no complains.

After reading posts about problems with NX300 it seems that Samsung has some problems with the quality control.

I think most of those posts are from me

I updated the firmware again the other day, and it seems a bit better, but not perfect.

Still can't help but think it's a bit sluggish though.

Maybe I am expecting too much...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads