HS50EXR Firmware Update Released

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions
DonDeJ
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
Apr 25, 2013

Fuji has released firmware update 1.01 for the HS50EXR. You can get it here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/s/finepix_hs50exr/index.html

From Fuji:

1. Operability of Eye-Fi card is improved.

2. Disconnection of objects shown in Motion Panorama images by vertical direction shooting is improved.

-- hide signature --

Don

darrin16
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to DonDeJ, Apr 25, 2013

Thanks for letting us know!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tman1991
Contributing MemberPosts: 724Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to DonDeJ, Apr 25, 2013

DonDeJ wrote:

Fuji has released firmware update 1.01 for the HS50EXR. You can get it here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/s/finepix_hs50exr/index.html

From Fuji:

1. Operability of Eye-Fi card is improved.

2. Disconnection of objects shown in Motion Panorama images by vertical direction shooting is improved.

-- hide signature --

Don

Good they are updating firmware..

But these are like 2 features who uses?

 tman1991's gear list:tman1991's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
darrin16
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to tman1991, Apr 25, 2013

tman1991 wrote:

DonDeJ wrote:

Fuji has released firmware update 1.01 for the HS50EXR. You can get it here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/s/finepix_hs50exr/index.html

From Fuji:

1. Operability of Eye-Fi card is improved.

2. Disconnection of objects shown in Motion Panorama images by vertical direction shooting is improved.

-- hide signature --

Don

Good they are updating firmware..

But these are like 2 features who uses?

I agree, but there is always something good about getting off that v1.00 firmware.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
haole
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to darrin16, Apr 25, 2013

I just Dl a copy of this firmware for my Windows OS.

From the instructions it says its suppose to be:

"File name FPUPDATE.DAT

File size 26.1MB

If the file size does not match the figures given above, download the firmware update file again."

Mine is 26.0 MB (27,362,512bytes).

I suppose I need to keep Dling until I get one thats 26.1MB then.

Has anyone else here got the specified 26.1MB file size yet?

 haole's gear list:haole's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
darrin16
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to haole, Apr 25, 2013

I had no issue downloading and installing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
haole
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to haole, Apr 25, 2013

I just Downloaded it again, same size.

File hashes on my 2nd one:

MD5: D70C2FC4F114C7EF8E6E42FF642F51FF

SHA-1: B45F3E1685A6789DE4801A41F5818B3FA731CBF8

Pitty fujifilm doesn't provide hash files so we can compare them on a firmware update that they say:

"Precaution

1. If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here."

 haole's gear list:haole's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,212
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to haole, Apr 25, 2013

That file is OK to install, once downloaded it's 27,362,512bytes.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 822Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to haole, Apr 26, 2013

I downloaded using Windows 7 and Firefox but to folder rather than the desktop as instructed - the file was 26.3Mb; I copied it to a formatted SD card and Windows then said it was 26.1Mb as advertised. Who believes Microsoft anyway? It installed just fine and the camera works OK.

Someone earlier in the thread said the updates were to features no-one used - if you haven't used vertical panoramas you haven't lived.

 DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MitchyK7
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to DickyAus, Apr 26, 2013

Well this was a great update, i had no problems with vertical panorama's before, but now i can't take any. It says shooting interrupted every single time. lol. Great work Fuji, as usual...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 26, 2013

MitchyK7 wrote:

Well this was a great update, i had no problems with vertical panorama's before, but now i can't take any. It says shooting interrupted every single time. lol. Great work Fuji, as usual...

No matter how great it is, I always shoot multiple parts of the scene and stitch it manually.

Some samples from HS camera....

-=[ Joms ]=-

 jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 822Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 27, 2013

Hold camera in normal orientation and it will work fine. If you rotate the camera 90 degrees and then try to pan vertical plane you will get the interrupted message.

 DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DonDeJ
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to darrin16, Apr 27, 2013

You're welcome.

-- hide signature --

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MitchyK7
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to DickyAus, Apr 27, 2013

I am holding it in normal orientation, it was working before, and now it's not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,949Gear list
Like?
really?
In reply to darrin16, Apr 27, 2013

darrin16 wrote:

tman1991 wrote:

DonDeJ wrote:

Fuji has released firmware update 1.01 for the HS50EXR. You can get it here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/s/finepix_hs50exr/index.html

From Fuji:

1. Operability of Eye-Fi card is improved.

2. Disconnection of objects shown in Motion Panorama images by vertical direction shooting is improved.

-- hide signature --

Don

Good they are updating firmware..

But these are like 2 features who uses?

I agree, but there is always something good about getting off that v1.00 firmware.

You risk two things by upgrading firmware:

1) Firmware team brain fart. This is not uncommon.

2) Bricking the camera. It happens.

The features they are fixing are so obscure that the firmware team did not test them adequately in the first place. Right?

It is a personal choice whether to apply a firmware update, but the stock advice for BIOS and firmware is always the same -- if you do not experience the issues described, the risk is not worth it.

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,949Gear list
Like?
wow ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Apr 27, 2013

I wrote that before I read the thread ... so the brain fart scenario applies. Anyone happy they upgraded?

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 822Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR Firmware Update Released
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 28, 2013

Three test shots after my update.

1. Top to bottom direction, Vertical pan - normal camera orientation:

Not a very good subject, but no tall objects around.

2.Top to bottom direction, Horizontal pan camera rotated through 90 degrees:

3. Left to right direction, horizontal pan normal camera orientation:

Perhaps release 2 firmware will cure your problems when it arrives.

Dicky.

 DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads