Fujifilm XF1 or Nikon P330 ?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Questions
nevertr
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Fujifilm XF1 or Nikon P330 ?
Apr 25, 2013

Hi,

XF1 has bigger sensor and retro design. P330 has GPS and sleek design.

Which one shoul i choose? What do you think?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
Re: Fujifilm XF1 or Nikon P330 ?
In reply to nevertr, Apr 25, 2013

I have the XF1 and dare I say it I'd be tempted by the P330 ... if the IQ is similiar to the P7700 then it may be a winner. The XF1 will likely have better dynamic range but the P330 will have better video and many other additional features that you may find useful. That's a tough question you ask and it will depend on your needs as well as the strengths/weaknesses of each camera. Depending on your budget the LX7 also bears consideration and is highly reguarded.

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,288
Like?
In reply to Photofreak7, Apr 25, 2013

Photofreak7 wrote:

I have the XF1 and dare I say it I'd be tempted by the P330 ... if the IQ is similiar to the P7700 then it may be a winner. The XF1 will likely have better dynamic range but the P330 will have better video and many other additional features that you may find useful. That's a tough question you ask and it will depend on your needs as well as the strengths/weaknesses of each camera. Depending on your budget the LX7 also bears consideration and is highly reguarded.

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

I'm interested in the p330 as well.

One thing I know from experience...if it does not have a built in nd filter then I'm not interested...the P330 does, the XF1 does not!

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,305
Like?
In reply to nevertr, Apr 26, 2013

nevertr wrote:

XF1 has bigger sensor and retro design. P330 has GPS and sleek design. Which one should i choose? What do you think?

What did they say on the Nikon forum?

The P330 seems like a model that is intended to compete with the Canon S110, not with any Fuji model. This segment (good quality pocket compacts) has been overwhelmed by the Sony RX100.

It seems like an excellent camera, but almost everybody has lost interest in digital compacts now, except for enthusiast models.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads