X100s Firmware Update Available

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions
NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: WILL NOT UPDATE
In reply to Dominick Scotto, Apr 27, 2013

Check the name of the file after download.  It needs to be the FPUPDATE.DAT  - If it has a (1) or (2)  etc in the name it won't work.

Delete all the old downloads and start fresh.

Same thing happened to me.

Good luck.

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s why wait? Buy it.
In reply to 5phu5, Apr 27, 2013

I bought my X100 from them and it still works perfectly. Shipping was incredibly fast. It arrived less than 48 hours after I hit the order button which was funny to me because my spare battery that shipped from within my own state (Arizona) arrived a day after it. I haven't had any issues with the camera but they give you a DigitalRev warranty card thing and basically if you have any covered problems you have two options. In either case it gets shipped to them then once it's fixed they ship it back to you. Not ideal but it's still a warranty and when I bought the X100 I got it for $400 less than the going rate stateside.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
5phu5
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Re: X100s why wait? Buy it.
In reply to iamthenewguy, Apr 27, 2013

iamthenewguy wrote:

I bought my X100 from them and it still works perfectly. Shipping was incredibly fast. It arrived less than 48 hours after I hit the order button which was funny to me because my spare battery that shipped from within my own state (Arizona) arrived a day after it. I haven't had any issues with the camera but they give you a DigitalRev warranty card thing and basically if you have any covered problems you have two options. In either case it gets shipped to them then once it's fixed they ship it back to you. Not ideal but it's still a warranty and when I bought the X100 I got it for $400 less than the going rate stateside.

thanks for sharing that! may be ordering from them today!

Roger May
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?

Dominick Scotto wrote:

I followed directions exactly: charged battery, formatted memory card, downloaded Firmware update to my Mac. Inserted card in Mac and copied update to card. Ejected card and placed back in camera.  pushed Display  and turned on camera. When asked about updating, I indicate "yes" and get the message that "Firmware update is not present. Turn camera off".

I did this four times using different cards and re-downloading the update and copying  and I keep getting the same message. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

It took me seven attempts.  Keep trying.

Dominick Scotto
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 27, 2013

Thank you so much. The secret was deleting the previous downloads with 1 or 2 and looking for a clean download .Finally worked. Thanks again.

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,143Gear list
Like?

Dominick Scotto wrote:

I followed directions exactly: charged battery, formatted memory card, downloaded Firmware update to my Mac. Inserted card in Mac and copied update to card. Ejected card and placed back in camera.  pushed Display  and turned on camera. When asked about updating, I indicate "yes" and get the message that "Firmware update is not present. Turn camera off".

I did this four times using different cards and re-downloading the update and copying  and I keep getting the same message. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I did it st least 4 times.  Make sure you put the 2 update files on youy lsptio thsen drag them one at a time to your SD card.  Put card in trash, put in camera, check firmware, hit ok and it should tell you tonsaybyes to upgrade.  Make sure you usr tke kink un tha first post on this page.  Good luck.

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,143Gear list
Like?
In reply to Roger May, Apr 27, 2013

Roger May wrote:

Dominick Scotto wrote:

Thanks.

It took me seven attempts.  Keep trying.

And i thought it was just me....nice to know it is not.  Must be something with the mac, and i did delete all all of the previous downloads.

Iyhel Mnemeltarma
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
In reply to Joel Stern, Apr 27, 2013

No problem updating with a Mac.

Didn't notice any peculiar improvement by the way.

Iyhel Mnemeltarma's gear list:Iyhel Mnemeltarma's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads