X100s Firmware Update Available

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions
shonxiaohe
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s no news is good news.
In reply to scst48, Apr 25, 2013

Fuji does that for X100 -- the AF improves a lot but none of the firmware announcements advocates that.

scst48 wrote:

I went from 1.01 to 1.02. Have the impressiion too that hunting is less and AF is a bit faster.

They might fixed some issues without telling

-- hide signature --

Stefan

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

shonxiaohe's gear list:shonxiaohe's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
xeriwthe
Regular MemberPosts: 365
Like?
In reply to shonxiaohe, Apr 25, 2013

shonxiaohe wrote:

Fuji does that for X100 -- the AF improves a lot but none of the firmware announcements advocates that.

scst48 wrote:

I went from 1.01 to 1.02. Have the impressiion too that hunting is less and AF is a bit faster.

-- hide signature --

Stefan

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

quick test on my own from 1.01 to 1.02 also reveals much lower chance and/or smaller range of hunting when focusing on roughly the same area.  AF acts a lot more logically now.

xeriwthe
Regular MemberPosts: 365
Like?
In reply to xeriwthe, Apr 25, 2013

xeriwthe wrote:

shonxiaohe wrote:

scst48 wrote:

-- hide signature --

Stefan

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

quick test on my own from 1.01 to 1.02 also reveals much lower chance and/or smaller range of hunting when focusing on roughly the same area.  AF acts a lot more logically now.

One thing that seems to have improved greatly is AF in OVF mode with power save mode enabled.  It's pretty snappy even though it needs to open the shutter, meter the scene, and find focus. Cool!

Le Tchetche
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jeff Charles, Apr 25, 2013

Jeff Charles wrote:

Le Tchetche wrote:

Just read some feedback on a French forum...

Please post a link to that forum. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Here you are if you can read French : http://www.fuji-x.com/forum/fujifilm-x100s/probleme-af-x100s/page-2/

It seems there is similar feedback on this thread, let's see when someone comes up with a comparison v1.01 vs v1.02 !

-- hide signature --
 Le Tchetche's gear list:Le Tchetche's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
max01
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: help! firmware update canceled
In reply to max01, Apr 26, 2013

Thanks! Did it again and it works.  Got confused as the directions said to have the usb cable ready so I had it plugged in.

Jonavin
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s Firmware Update Available
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 26, 2013

NachoYogi wrote:

Must say, it's nice not to lose your custom settings when updating!

???   Went from 1.01 to 1.02.  My custom settings are exactly as I set them.

Jonavin's gear list:Jonavin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Jonavin
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Yes! Faster focus!

Yes! Focus is noticeably faster for me. It's actually as fast as in the videos I see on YouTube. My camera came with 1.01.  I did some test before and after the update; it's very noticeable.

Jonavin's gear list:Jonavin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,492Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s why wait? Buy it.
In reply to Peter Gabriel, Apr 26, 2013

Like other posters have said.......Stop thinking.    Just do it.     

http://www.digitalrev.com/article/fujifilm-x100s-hands-on-review/ODg1Mjg2Mzg_A

Life is short.

Good luck.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,052Gear list
Like?
In reply to Le Tchetche, Apr 26, 2013

Le Tchetche wrote:

Here you are if you can read French : http://www.fuji-x.com/forum/fujifilm-x100s/probleme-af-x100s/page-2/

Thanks. I do read French.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Weistling
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
I am not experiencing what all of you are. Not a happy camper here.
In reply to Jonavin, Apr 26, 2013

I had to shoot an event that started this morning and just ended tonight. I was shooting it with my x100s , all indoor stuff with no flash. It was snappy and quick as usual. During a lull in the middle of the day, I saw the update and did it. The rest of the day I found it more sluggish. Not hunting, just slow to focus. I felt a definite slow down.  I had to pull out my XP1 with the 14mm to finish off the day because I was missing too many shots.  I am not happy to report this. I hope the Fuji Gremlins will magically fix this while am sleeping tonight.

-- hide signature --
NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s Firmware Update Available
In reply to Jonavin, Apr 26, 2013

Exactly.  In the old days, any time you updated the firmware all your customs settings were wiped.

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
smatty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,816Gear list
Like?
Please report back...
In reply to Weistling, Apr 26, 2013

Weistling wrote:

I had to shoot an event that started this morning and just ended tonight. I was shooting it with my x100s , all indoor stuff with no flash. It was snappy and quick as usual. During a lull in the middle of the day, I saw the update and did it. The rest of the day I found it more sluggish. Not hunting, just slow to focus. I felt a definite slow down.  I had to pull out my XP1 with the 14mm to finish off the day because I was missing too many shots.  I am not happy to report this. I hope the Fuji Gremlins will magically fix this while am sleeping tonight.

Could you please report back to us after further testing? My X100s came with FW 1.01 when I bought it about a month ago. And comparing my 2 years experience with the X100 the AF performs better for a variety of reasons (which I'll write aboute once my comparison review is finished).

Cheers,
Smatty
=> Homepage
=> Recent Flickr Photos

smatty's gear list:smatty's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,052Gear list
Like?
Re: I am not experiencing what all of you are. Not a happy camper here.
In reply to Weistling, Apr 26, 2013

Weistling wrote:

What was the firmware version before you updated, 1.0 or 1.01?

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
sergi2
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: I am not experiencing what all of you are. Not a happy camper here.
In reply to Jeff Charles, Apr 26, 2013

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,287Gear list
Like?
I get the message, This firmware is not for this camera, shut off the camera

?

Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,287Gear list
Like?
It appears to be working now
In reply to Joel Stern, Apr 26, 2013

Yup, updated, but strange

Lakeview Man
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Re: Autofocus not changed... I think
In reply to xeriwthe, Apr 26, 2013

Did the update now, from 1.01 to 1.02. I don't notice any difference in AF speed. I

-- hide signature --
 Lakeview Man's gear list:Lakeview Man's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +10 more
polarizer
Contributing MemberPosts: 832Gear list
Like?
faster with regular size AF square

its faster in good light with the middle sized AF square - its same or slower with smallest AF square

1.01 to 1.02

polarizer's gear list:polarizer's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
5phu5
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Re: X100s why wait? Buy it.
In reply to Len_Gee, Apr 26, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

Like other posters have said.......Stop thinking.    Just do it.     

http://www.digitalrev.com/article/fujifilm-x100s-hands-on-review/ODg1Mjg2Mzg_A

Life is short.

Good luck.

Len_Gee have you had experience(s) purchasing from digitalrev?  I'm thinking of purchasing it from them, and I'm in the U.S.

- has anyone else had experience with digitalrev?

thanks,

-P

Dominick Scotto
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
WILL NOT UPDATE
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 27, 2013

I followed directions exactly: charged battery, formatted memory card, downloaded Firmware update to my Mac. Inserted card in Mac and copied update to card. Ejected card and placed back in camera.  pushed Display  and turned on camera. When asked about updating, I indicate "yes" and get the message that "Firmware update is not present. Turn camera off".

I did this four times using different cards and re-downloading the update and copying  and I keep getting the same message. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads