Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,213Gear list
Like?
Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
Apr 24, 2013

Anyone ciss ink system with this printer?  If yes which?

Which alternative inkmethod and refill, if you do?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

 digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,611
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to digitalshooter, Apr 24, 2013

digitalshooter wrote:

Anyone ciss ink system with this printer?  If yes which?

Which alternative inkmethod and refill, if you do?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

Not a good alternative for just about ANY Canon.

Still with refilling the OEM carts.

Almost all refillables and specially compatible carts will suffer from ink starvation. The major cause of Canon Printhead failure due to burning or frying.

So if you really value your time and want to prevent as much aggravation as possible, still with OEM carts and do not ever consider a CISS. They simply do not work well thought they will swear that everything will be fine.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,213Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to jtoolman, Apr 25, 2013

So are you suggesting just getting a chip re setter and refill the canon cartridges?  If yes, what ink and where do you recommend buying?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

 digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,611
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to digitalshooter, Apr 25, 2013

digitalshooter wrote:

So are you suggesting just getting a chip re setter and refill the canon cartridges?  If yes, what ink and where do you recommend buying?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

Yes, you should ALWAYS refill and reset your Canon OEM carts.

The best inks are Image Specialists.

In the USA to dealers I get my 9000 MKII IS inks from are www.inkjetcarts.com and Precision Colors Ebay Store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/PrecisionColors/Canon-8-Cartridge-Printers-/_i.html?_fsub=12749088&_sid=98545621&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bobh121
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to jtoolman, Apr 26, 2013

You can also get Precision Colors directly from there website:

http://www.precisioncolors.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,213Gear list
Like?
Thanks (nt)
In reply to digitalshooter, Apr 26, 2013
-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

 digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,611
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to bobh121, Apr 26, 2013

bobh121 wrote:

You can also get Precision Colors directly from there website:

http://www.precisioncolors.com/

Mike ( PC Owner ) just got the site up and suggest that for 100% reliability one uses the EBAY store till all the bugs are ironed out. Once it is 100% working I will only use the direct site.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ozark_g3
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to jtoolman, May 29, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

The best inks are Image Specialists.

In the USA to dealers I get my 9000 MKII IS inks from are www.inkjetcarts.com and Precision Colors Ebay Store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/PrecisionColors/Canon-8-Cartridge-Printers-/_i.html?_fsub=12749088&_sid=98545621&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Joe

Hi Joe -

I'm running out of ink on the cmy tanks on my 9kII - and with refilling I'm going to end up with a mix of oem / IS inks in various proportions until the tanks are all emptied and refilled.  I didn't have a good experience with my old ip6000d and hobbicolors and have been thinking that I would need to think about buying a colormunki photo or else I'm going to be constantly chasing colors all over the place.  But, again I haven't mixed in the IS with OEM yet so might not be an issue anyways.

 Ozark_g3's gear list:Ozark_g3's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,611
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma pro 9k II and ink
In reply to Ozark_g3, May 29, 2013

Ozark_g3 wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

The best inks are Image Specialists.

In the USA to dealers I get my 9000 MKII IS inks from are www.inkjetcarts.com and Precision Colors Ebay Store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/PrecisionColors/Canon-8-Cartridge-Printers-/_i.html?_fsub=12749088&_sid=98545621&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Joe

Hi Joe -

I'm running out of ink on the cmy tanks on my 9kII - and with refilling I'm going to end up with a mix of oem / IS inks in various proportions until the tanks are all emptied and refilled.  I didn't have a good experience with my old ip6000d and hobbicolors and have been thinking that I would need to think about buying a colormunki photo or else I'm going to be constantly chasing colors all over the place.  But, again I haven't mixed in the IS with OEM yet so might not be an issue anyways.

If you transition with IS from PC you will not notice any difference.

Been there!

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,213Gear list
Like?
Just ordered hope they dont mess up my printer! (nt)
In reply to bobh121, Jun 3, 2013
-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

 digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,611
Like?
Re: Just ordered hope they dont mess up my printer! (nt)
In reply to digitalshooter, Jun 3, 2013

digitalshooter wrote:

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

It will not. It's been tested and retested.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 16,213Gear list
Like?
Thanks! (nt)
In reply to jtoolman, Jun 3, 2013
-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

 digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads