New A57 - first neat shot

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions
Adam Benn
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
New A57 - first neat shot
Apr 24, 2013

Received my new A57 body on Friday.  Haven't had alot of time to really play with it, but did get this shot on the weekend.

Lens is a Tamron 90mm Macro.

Adam Benn's gear list:Adam Benn's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RichVic
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Re: New A57 - first neat shot
In reply to Adam Benn, Apr 24, 2013

Adam, as a reasonably new owner of the A57 myself ... I really like your picture! I'm new to DSLRs and Sony so a relatively large learning curve for me!

I'm enjoying the Panorama mode

Childers Cove SW Victoria

And I have recently invested in Friedmann's book on the A37/57 which I would highly recommend if you are new to Sony DSLRs.  I took the following pic of an old shed using MultiFrameNoiseReduction option in the camera - right on dusk ... full size pic looks very good on my monitor!

Taken on sunset using MFNR

Thanks for sharing your pic (Our cat will have to look out!) and welcome to the A57 club!

Richard

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sansal
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
In reply to Adam Benn, Apr 24, 2013

Very cool shot! I also own the A57 and the Tamron 90mm macro (great combination!).

-- hide signature --

******Santina******

sansal's gear list:sansal's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM
RichVic
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
In reply to RichVic, Apr 24, 2013

Not sure why the panorama didn't attach ... one more try!

Sorry I didn't notice the first time!  I really do love what this camera can do without any PC work being required.

Thanks again for posting

Richard

Adam Benn
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
In reply to RichVic, Apr 24, 2013

Technically I'm new to Sony DSLRs, but my SLR roots go back to Minolta film.  Hence my A57 body only purchase.  My previous camera was a Konica-Minolta 5D.

Nice pan!  I haven't tried that yet with the A57, but I'm sure I will.

This has nothing to do with Sony SLRs, but you reminded me of one of the first pans that I ever created.  This was taken in 2001, with my 2 MP Canon S100, and manually stiched together in software that came with the camera.

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska

Things have come a long way since then!

Adam Benn's gear list:Adam Benn's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads