D600 raw update for Photoshop CS6

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Questions
Gary Garnett Sr
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
D600 raw update for Photoshop CS6
Apr 23, 2013

I asked before, and a few people tried to help, and I really appreciate the suggestions.  But for some reason I'm sorry to say the suggestions didn't work for me.  It could just be me.

When I try to open a raw file from my D600, I get a message telling me Photoshop doesn't recognize the file, and it gives me an Adobe website to click on.  When I did, there was an update ARC 7.4 something, so I downloaded that.  This put an Icon on my home page.  When I double clicked on it, it downloaded the update.  I even got a message saying "completed the Adobe DNG converter 7.4 Setup Wizard, and has been installed on my computer".

I shut down and started the computer again and I still can't open RAW files.

NOTE:  for some reason on my version of CS-6 I cannot go into the help on the top of the page and click on the "check for updates:, it doesn't do anything for some reason.  Someone else put Photoshop on my computer so I don't know if they did something different or not.

Any other suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rickio
Contributing MemberPosts: 651
Like?
Re: D600 raw update for Photoshop CS6
In reply to Gary Garnett Sr, Apr 24, 2013

Camera RAW 7.3 covers the D600.  What version of Camera RAW is installed on your computer? (In Photoshop, go to Help/About Plug Ins/Camera RAW).  Download the RAW converter, not the DNG converter.

You said that "someone else" loaded Photoshop on your system -- is it a legit copy?  Pirated software has it's own issues...

-- hide signature --

Rick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,298Gear list
Like?

You downloaded the DNG editor. Go back and download the ACR 7.4. You still do not have ACR 7.4 installed.

Adobe DNG converter 7.4 Setup Wizard, and has been installed on my computer".

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Bob in Baltimore
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
In reply to rickio, Apr 24, 2013

On the Mac, at least, the info is not under "Help". Go to Photoshop/About Plug In/Camera Raw.

-- hide signature --

Bob in Baltimore

Bob in Baltimore's gear list:Bob in Baltimore's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Gary Garnett Sr
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, finally got it loaded.  D600 raw files open just fine now.

So far I like the D600.  I am one of those who had some of the older FX lenses left over (always wondering in the back of my mind what I would do with them), so for me the D600 was an easy choice.

Dinegbatty
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?

Gary Garnett Sr wrote:

I asked before, and a few people tried to help, and I really appreciate the suggestions.  But for some reason I'm sorry to say the suggestions didn't work for me.  It could just be me.

When I try to open a raw file from my D600, I get a message telling me Photoshop doesn't recognize the file, and it gives me an Adobe website to click on.  When I did, there was an update ARC 7.4 something, so I downloaded that.  This put an Icon on my home page.  When I double clicked on it, it downloaded the update.  I even got a message saying "completed the Adobe DNG converter 7.4 Setup Wizard, and has been installed on my computer".

I shut down and started the computer again and I still can't open RAW files.

NOTE:  for some reason on my version of CS-6 I cannot go into the help on the top of the page and click on the "check for updates:, it doesn't do anything for some reason.  Someone else put Photoshop on my computer so I don't know if they did something different or not.

Any other suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary

use bridge help  instead you will get the update that way

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads