Sigma-Imaging UK cash back offer.

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions
L Tippett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390
Like?
Sigma-Imaging UK cash back offer.
Apr 23, 2013

Hi all,

Just got back home from a busy night shift and noticed a cash back offer on the Sigma -Imaging UK website.

Not sure if this is old news or of any use to anyone but though i would post  this before going to sleep.

Heres the link if it is of any use to any of you guys.

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/index.php?route=information/news&news_id=24

If the link is not working you can find the cash back deal on the Sigma-Imaging UK website.

I'm off to bed now goodnight!

Kind regards Lea.

ArneMarco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,704
Like?
Re: Sigma-Imaging UK cash back offer.
In reply to L Tippett, Apr 23, 2013

I got a mail from my retailer about a similar offer here in Norway ... I have 4 sigma cameras that qualify, so I hope I can get 4 times a cash back?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hardy Steiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,790
Like?

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing! Finally the UK gets this offer as well which some other countries have been enjoying for some time.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Hardy
==================
Join the Sigma DP Macro Group on:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma_dp_macro/
My pictures on:
On Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/diddy

AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,388Gear list
Like?

you can only enter one previous camera on the form (£150 back if its one of the pre-15Mp cameras, regardless of model) thankfully they don`t ask for the reciept as who keeps a receipt for (for instance) an SD9 which is 10 years out of warranty? .. I still have my DP1 receipt so if the UK price drops on the SD1M before the end of June, I may go for it with the £150 cashback

Shame you can`t enter more than one camera, I have an SD9 and 14 presently and have serial numbers for previous SD14s (which have probably ended up in landfil) and my orig SD9 (which was sold for spares) - LOL

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
motionride
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
In reply to AdamT, Apr 23, 2013

AdamT wrote:

you can only enter one previous camera on the form (£150 back if its one of the pre-15Mp cameras, regardless of model) thankfully they don`t ask for the reciept as who keeps a receipt for (for instance) an SD9 which is 10 years out of warranty? .. I still have my DP1 receipt so if the UK price drops on the SD1M before the end of June, I may go for it with the £150 cashback

Shame you can`t enter more than one camera, I have an SD9 and 14 presently and have serial numbers for previous SD14s (which have probably ended up in landfil) and my orig SD9 (which was sold for spares) - LOL

-- hide signature --

I think you read it wrong. If you are going to purchase an SD1M, you will receive a £300 cashback regardless of which of the older models you have. The £125 cashback is only if you are going to purchase a DPxM.

Cheers,

Jan

motionride's gear list:motionride's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +14 more
Sarnia
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
In reply to motionride, Apr 23, 2013

"4.  Original Barcode on the Box: Please cut out the barcode on the camera product box and attach it to the area marked on this application form."

Hmm. Most people like to keep their boxes in good shape as it often helps with any future sale.

Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,598Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sarnia, Apr 23, 2013

Sarnia wrote:

"4.  Original Barcode on the Box: Please cut out the barcode on the camera product box and attach it to the area marked on this application form."

Hmm. Most people like to keep their boxes in good shape as it often helps with any future sale.

Yeah, but destroying the box gives you some nice value today. Your choice.

I am more sorry for those that have not kept their boxes.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Hardy Steiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,790
Like?
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Apr 23, 2013

This applies only to the box of your new camera, not the old one.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Hardy
==================
Join the Sigma DP Macro Group on:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma_dp_macro/
My pictures on:
On Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/diddy

Buhl213
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Apr 23, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Sarnia wrote:

Yeah, but destroying the box gives you some nice value today. Your choice.

Wonder why they did it that way? Of course, they do not have to maintain a register with the serialnumbers, and they can use a standard barcodescanner/till to check if it is actually from a Sigma camera. In the german campaign, you need to have your camera registered with Sigma Germany, I find that a somewhat more thorough approach.

I am more sorry for those that have not kept their boxes.

I am sorry for all those who do not even have a Sigma-dealer in their country and bought from abroad - ie from countries that now have cash-back campaigns that only cover citizens within those countries. Partly egoistic, I know

Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,598Gear list
Like?
In reply to Hardy Steiner, Apr 23, 2013

Hardy Steiner wrote:

This applies only to the box of your new camera, not the old one.

Hmmmmm ... OK ... my bad.

So ... then the buyer has to decide .. is keeping the new box intact worth £xxx or not.

Fair deal IMHO.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,388Gear list
Like?
In reply to motionride, Apr 23, 2013

I think you read it wrong. If you are going to purchase an SD1M, you will receive a £300 cashback regardless of which of the older models you have. The £125 cashback is only if you are going to purchase a DPxM.

I didn`t read it wrong, I just couldn`t imagine anyone in the UK wanting to pay such a ludicrous price for an SD1M in the first place ..... the DPMs are Doable

-- hide signature --

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Sarnia
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
In reply to AdamT, Apr 23, 2013

AdamT wrote:

I didn`t read it wrong, I just couldn`t imagine anyone in the UK wanting to pay such a ludicrous price for an SD1M in the first place ..... the DPMs are Doable

-- hide signature --

With V.A.T. deducted (I live on Guernsey in the Channel Islands) plus the £300 cash back I could get a SD1M for £1,090. Decisions, decisions...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads