Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions
Scot Kight
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)
Apr 22, 2013

Anyone know if there is a way to get photostream to automatically update the images in the stream where I update the original after it was put in the cloud?  I can delete the images in the photostream, then sync individually, but that is kind of annoying.

Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,897Gear list
Like?
Re: Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)
In reply to Scot Kight, Apr 22, 2013

Would not swear to it but I believe the answer is "no". At least I have never seen that happen between my iMac, iPhone and iPad. Only if as you say I actually delete and re-send the photo to Photostream.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 11,161
Like?
In reply to Steven Wandy, Apr 22, 2013

Steven Wandy wrote:

Would not swear to it but I believe the answer is "no". At least I have never seen that happen between my iMac, iPhone and iPad. Only if as you say I actually delete and re-send the photo to Photostream.

Photostream is not a system that keeps a set of images in sync. It is more like a push service, ie, when a new photo enters it, it is pushed to all associated devices. And apparently editing an image in Aperture is not considered as a-new-image-entering-the-system.

Scot Kight
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
In reply to noirdesir, Apr 23, 2013

Thanks for the replies.  Kind of a pain, but at least I can make it work, sorta.

mihama01
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
In reply to Scot Kight, Apr 23, 2013

Hi,

Another gotcha is that when using Shared Photo streams, all the photos are downsized so don't expect to be able to create full quality shared galleries.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

S

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads