Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Scot Kight Regular Member • Posts: 134
Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)

Anyone know if there is a way to get photostream to automatically update the images in the stream where I update the original after it was put in the cloud?  I can delete the images in the photostream, then sync individually, but that is kind of annoying.

Steven Wandy Veteran Member • Posts: 5,176
Re: Photostream does not update with changes in aperture (raw+jpg)

Would not swear to it but I believe the answer is "no". At least I have never seen that happen between my iMac, iPhone and iPad. Only if as you say I actually delete and re-send the photo to Photostream.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +5 more
noirdesir Forum Pro • Posts: 12,472

Steven Wandy wrote:

Would not swear to it but I believe the answer is "no". At least I have never seen that happen between my iMac, iPhone and iPad. Only if as you say I actually delete and re-send the photo to Photostream.

Photostream is not a system that keeps a set of images in sync. It is more like a push service, ie, when a new photo enters it, it is pushed to all associated devices. And apparently editing an image in Aperture is not considered as a-new-image-entering-the-system.

Scot Kight OP Regular Member • Posts: 134

Thanks for the replies.  Kind of a pain, but at least I can make it work, sorta.

mihama01 Forum Member • Posts: 92

Hi,

Another gotcha is that when using Shared Photo streams, all the photos are downsized so don't expect to be able to create full quality shared galleries.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4486

S

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads