Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions
jaxwired
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
Apr 21, 2013

...another compact camera that can take shots like this.  I have not seen results like this from anything else short of a DSLR...

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 21, 2013

I´ll tell you why: Because the original X100 has better image quality!

Example: Pic nr 1. Look at his face and t-shirt. Where is the fine detail? It looks like plastic...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,280Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to atone2, Apr 22, 2013

atone2 wrote:

I´ll tell you why: Because the original X100 has better image quality!

Example: Pic nr 1. Look at his face and t-shirt. Where is the fine detail? It looks like plastic...

Looks like very heavy noise reduction.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

 Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Sony a6000 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nawknai
Contributing MemberPosts: 976Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

Lots of non-DSLR cameras can take photos of this quality.

The 3rd photo has terrible WB, IMO.  Perhaps it's my work laptop's screen quality, but I doubt it.

 nawknai's gear list:nawknai's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jaxwired
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to nawknai, Apr 22, 2013

nawknai wrote:

Lots of non-DSLR cameras can take photos of this quality.

The 3rd photo has terrible WB, IMO.  Perhaps it's my work laptop's screen quality, but I doubt it.

Post some examples.  I tried a sony nex6 with the $1100 zeiss lens and I feel the x100s beats it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,531Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

Terrific set.  Hard for some X100 owners to see what the s can do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ezra R
Senior MemberPosts: 2,275Gear list
Like?
Re: all fine. ignore naysayers. [imgs]
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

People are unhappy because they like to nitpick.Or cognitive dissonance. Or whatev. Ignore the experts, imho. If Cartier-Bresson were alive today and inhabited these forums, then a) he'd become a mongrel hating his Leica and b) people would poke at a million reasons why his images were bad.

Shoot film and move past all this.

Meanwhile, X100 or X100S -- really, either is great. Two shots below from me.... first with X100 (with flash), second with X100S (indoors, Auto WB, no flash, fast AF!).

Click for larger... SOOC JPEG.

X100:

X100S:

 Ezra R's gear list:Ezra R's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,531Gear list
Like?
Re: all fine. ignore naysayers. [imgs]
In reply to Ezra R, Apr 22, 2013

Ezra R wrote:

People are unhappy because they like to nitpick.Or cognitive dissonance. Or whatev. Ignore the experts, imho. If Cartier-Bresson were alive today and inhabited these forums, then a) he'd become a mongrel hating his Leica and b) people would poke at a million reasons why his images were bad.

Shoot film and move past all this.

Meanwhile, X100 or X100S -- really, either is great. Two shots below from me.... first with X100 (with flash), second with X100S (indoors, Auto WB, no flash, fast AF!).

Click for larger... SOOC JPEG.

X100:

X100S:

Your kids are great.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

Don't worry about some negative feedback here - people like to moan. There is a minority here who want to seize on anything negative they can find or say about the X100S

In any event, I liked this set.

 sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
simon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351
Like?
Many happy X00 owners posting
In reply to sgoldswo, Apr 22, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

Don't worry about some negative feedback here - people like to moan. There is a minority here who want to seize on anything negative they can find or say about the X100S

In any event, I liked this set.

There is no need to try and dismiss others who have a differing opinion to yours.

The OP did ask "and tell me . . . " and they did.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
There are some nasty and misleading comments here on this topic
In reply to simon, Apr 22, 2013

simon wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Don't worry about some negative feedback here - people like to moan. There is a minority here who want to seize on anything negative they can find or say about the X100S

In any event, I liked this set.

There is no need to try and dismiss others who have a differing opinion to yours.

The OP did ask "and tell me . . . " and they did.

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Did I mention x100 owners? Seriously, I don't think I'm the only one who thinks there have been some pretty desperate and misleading posts regarding the X100S from people who don't like it for whatever reason.

Also, why am I seeing search terms like "X100S hate" and "X100S problems" come up all the time in search results leading to my blog? Seems a bit odd to me...

 sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Velu
Regular MemberPosts: 499
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

jaxwired wrote:

...another compact camera that can take shots like this.  I have not seen results like this from anything else short of a DSLR...

Would like to know as well if it's your post-processing or my laptop screen for the sky being this "turquois" ?

-- hide signature --

www.veluart.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013

jaxwired wrote:

nawknai wrote:

Lots of non-DSLR cameras can take photos of this quality.

The 3rd photo has terrible WB, IMO.  Perhaps it's my work laptop's screen quality, but I doubt it.

Post some examples.  I tried a sony nex6 with the $1100 zeiss lens and I feel the x100s beats it.

that's because it does although I don't think your examples prove anything but if you're happy with them then nothing else matters.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to sgoldswo, Apr 22, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

Don't worry about some negative feedback here - people like to moan. There is a minority here who want to seize on anything negative they can find or say about the X100S

In any event, I liked this set.

What are your thoughts on picture # 1? Do you think it looks nice and natural?

Why bother to deny these obvious flaws in every single thread about X100S?

I really want many of the improvements in the X100S, but NOT the sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to atone2, Apr 22, 2013

atone2 wrote:

I'm not going to debate the merits of one particular photo with you. I only commented on this post because I felt bad for the OP.

Why bother to deny these obvious flaws in every single thread about X100S?

I thought you were the one on every thread about the X100S... Maybe it just feels like that.

I really want many of the improvements in the X100S, but NOT the sensor.

Best have a look at another small compact/large sensor camera then. Personally I bought the X100S because of the X-trans sensor and I'm very happy with it.

 sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to sgoldswo, Apr 22, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

atone2 wrote:

I'm not going to debate the merits of one particular photo with you. I only commented on this post because I felt bad for the OP.

Why bother to deny these obvious flaws in every single thread about X100S?

I thought you were the one on every thread about the X100S... Maybe it just feels like that.

I really want many of the improvements in the X100S, but NOT the sensor.

Best have a look at another small compact/large sensor camera then. Personally I bought the X100S because of the X-trans sensor and I'm very happy with it.

No... I have the X100, and I´m fine. The camera is a little slow, but the sensor is very, very good!

Well, I´m participating in some of the many threads where you are denying the X-trans trouble. But if you can´t see any trouble with the files, thats ok.

The X-trans sensor lacks detail, even at low iso. At higher iso it is "good" because of excessive NR. And don´t forget ISO inflation...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,294Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to atone2, Apr 22, 2013

atone2 wrote:

I´ll tell you why: Because the original X100 has better image quality!

Example: Pic nr 1. Look at his face and t-shirt. Where is the fine detail? It looks like plastic...

Does the X100, X100s and X20, for get sensor size for the moment. But do they all have the same menu options.

I have the X20 and am new to Fuji 100%. I had some questions about the output, but its getting better.

My question is can you control Dynamic Range, Film setting, ISO, image stabilization mode and auto focus mode with the X100 and X100s?

IMO these settings have direct impact on the final image.

I have Dynamic Range set at 100, Film Setting is usually Provia and any B&W is done in editing or I will take two images with and with out that effect.

ISO is manually set, stabilization is either shooting or continuous only, I will not add the plus motion option and Area focus is locked to the center. Multi focus mode picks focus for you and will mess everything up for the final result.

 ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to atone2, Apr 22, 2013

atone2 wrote:

The X-trans sensor lacks detail, even at low iso. At higher iso it is "good" because of excessive NR. And don´t forget ISO inflation...

I know you are wrong, but I guess we'll have to agree to differ on that.

 sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
AlliHjelm
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Why unhappy? The X100s is amazing! (nt)
In reply to jaxwired, Apr 22, 2013
No text.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
atone2
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to sgoldswo, Apr 22, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

atone2 wrote:

The X-trans sensor lacks detail, even at low iso. At higher iso it is "good" because of excessive NR. And don´t forget ISO inflation...

I know you are wrong, but I guess we'll have to agree to differ on that.

Ok, happy shooting  

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads