Printer recommendations

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Questions
Al Gooding
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Printer recommendations
Apr 20, 2013

I'm looking for a reasonably priced printer, and was hoping to get some input here on DPR.  My requirements are as follows. Wireless, able to scan and copy documents, good quality photo prints, 8.5X11 paper max. and probably most important, economical ink (low average cost per page). We print several times a week, so I'm not worried about nozzles drying out. We are going to replace a Kodak photo all in one.

Thanks, Al

Al Gooding's gear list:Al Gooding's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,223
Like?
Re: Printer recommendations
In reply to Al Gooding, Apr 20, 2013

Al Gooding wrote:

I'm looking for a reasonably priced printer, and was hoping to get some input here on DPR.  My requirements are as follows. Wireless, able to scan and copy documents, good quality photo prints, 8.5X11 paper max. and probably most important, economical ink (low average cost per page). We print several times a week, so I'm not worried about nozzles drying out. We are going to replace a Kodak photo all in one.

Thanks, Al

EPSON Artisan series

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,150Gear list
Like?
In reply to jtoolman, Apr 20, 2013

Agreed with the Epson Artisan series, best then get refillable cartridges and ink from InkJetCarts.com.  Saves tons on printing, with very good OEM color match.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,223
Like?
In reply to Alpha Doug, Apr 20, 2013

Alpha Doug wrote:

Agreed with the Epson Artisan series, best then get refillable cartridges and ink from InkJetCarts.com.  Saves tons on printing, with very good OEM color match.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Bingo! I am using IJCs Fliptop to Refill Dampers and Reset All To Full Chip bar.

Perfect combination for this family of printers.

Joe

drebe187
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to jtoolman, Apr 27, 2013

Epson has discontinued the artisan 7 and 8 series. imho this was there best printer for the money. im now looking to replace 4 of them. im stuck on what to use now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads