>>> Street Photography eXchange #41 <<<

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
bosjohn21
bosjohn21 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,098
Re: Layers

Zubu Barunda wrote:

Photos with lots of reflections are very popular. Most of them are also very confusing, If a reflections pic is to be successful on grounds other than confusion it need a strong subject such as you have here. But when you have the strong subject you gotta ask your self if all the confusing reflections are helping you. In most cases I think reflection shots like this are just confusing.

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

bosjohn21
bosjohn21 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,098
Re: She hunts by night

fad wrote:

D800, 24-85

32mm, 1/200, f5, iso6400

Don't forget to click through to view original or gallery photo always on dpr.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

I think that street is so appealing because its not only so much about the humanity going on around you but also the humanity of the photographer. Here we have almost perfect placement of the protagonests the girl so clealy out front and two disparet groups sharing nothing but bluejeans and the pavement in common what a happy jusxtipositon and the humanity in you Frank made you push that button dispite the golden tower growing out of her head.

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Still Young Senior Member • Posts: 1,464
Fashion 2013

The writing on the wall

enlarge to see content

boys and girls

Mea Shearim - Jerusalem

Motherhood training

janlu
janlu Veteran Member • Posts: 6,996
Choose your way .....

Regard, Gianluca

-- hide signature --
solveproblems Contributing Member • Posts: 877
one more foreground

hexar Contributing Member • Posts: 858
Re: She hunts by night

There ar at least as much black trousers as jeans in the background.

I see more a " HE "  ( an  older senior photographer) hunts by night than a "SHE" ( a nicely dressed up young girl) hunts by night .

cheers

HEXAR

xtoph OP Veteran Member • Posts: 9,545
Re: one more foreground

interesting shot, solve. the umbrellas in the fg alone would be a worthy subject. the activity in the more distant bg makes it all more complex and interesting to look at.

the tones seem a bit odd to me. probably tone mapped (shadows raised a great deal) making the lightest grays look too dark, while the darkest tones are relatively light.

i like the sense of readability and detail and lightness, but not so much the odd relation of tones to each other.

Sal18 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,986
Re: River of Chess (ripoff of Sal)

What I enjoyed about shooting the chess players that day was that they stay in the same place, they ignore you, there is interaction, there are tonal contrasts....all the obvious. And you don't find any in a small town in Connecticut. In fact, it is rare that you see anyone sitting. Everyone is doing something or going somewhere. And this reminds me to do some sitting around this summer and wait for the pix to come to me. The population triples in the summer, a good thing for me, because I can walk the length of Main Street and see a total of 3 people and one dog.

Sal

Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #41 <<<

I love this! It is so hard to fathom the conversation. The variety of expressions is a delight.

Sal

Re:!!! n/t

no text

Chris said:

the tones seem a bit odd to me. probably tone mapped (shadows raised a great deal) making the lightest grays look too dark, while the darkest tones are relatively light.

Thank you, Chris - comments like this are so helpful to me when i convert to B&W, or when I'm looking at pix. You so often nail what it is that I haven't been able to explain to myself, or see.

Sal

fur

Thank you for the comment. Actually, I played with the tones. I wanted a low-contrast picture. If it does not work, sorry.

fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 14,585

solveproblems wrote:

Thank you for the comment. Actually, I played with the tones. I wanted a low-contrast picture. If it does not work, sorry.

Keep at it, solve.   Trying different things that fail, making plenty of mistakes, is the only true path forward.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 +16 more
fashion advertisment

communication in market

thanks every one for your helpful comments nt

nt

Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #41 <<<

thanks fotis

All your comments reflect the investigation which I like.

Re: fur

solveproblems wrote:

The expression and atmosphere are great.

I think that it could be a lot better in b&w as the tone changes here are very prominent. Especially the texture in the woman’s dress. so the white bg against the fg.

still

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads