problem with new Sirui N2204 tripod..... (experience with sirui anyone??)

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions
twan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,259Gear list
Like?
problem with new Sirui N2204 tripod..... (experience with sirui anyone??)
Apr 19, 2013

Last week I've recieved a new Sirui N-2204 tripod with a k20X head.

It looks great out of the box, but the center column is stuck and I can't get it down. It looks like to me, that the mechanisme which should release the column (a big screw) does not work correctly.

I've talked with the supplier and offcourse they offered to look at it. So far for service I don't expect a problem.

But now I have some doubts about the stuff. Sirui offers 6 years of warranty. Fine too, but if a tripod is allready not working as expected out of the box.....

Should I have it replaced and is this a one time error or is the quality less dan I expected and should I look for an other brand?

twan's gear list:twan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-N2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Yezariael
Contributing MemberPosts: 574Gear list
Like?
Re: problem with new Sirui N2204 tripod..... (experience with sirui anyone??)
In reply to twan, Apr 19, 2013

I use the N-2204 since about 1 year without any problems. Mine is of very high quality, I like it very much! I would suggest to get a new one and you will be fine.

My new Panasonic TV was broken after 2 days, I got a replacement and now it is working like a charm since about 2 years. Every device can be faulty, that's usually not a problem per se in this category.

Yezariael's gear list:Yezariael's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 35mm F1.4 G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
twan
Like?
In reply to Yezariael, Apr 19, 2013

Yeah you are right. I think then I will check it out this weekend first (I haven't made 1 single picture with it) and replace it next week.

Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
afoton
Contributing MemberPosts: 768Gear list
Like?
In reply to twan, Apr 19, 2013

I have used a T-1204X for almost a year, no problem. The twist locks even worked after a night in -20°C, that is not the case with all twist locks tripods.

But I also have a G20 ball head that is just junk. If I unlock the pano base just so much that I can can do pano, it runs all but smooth, like some surface inside is very uneven. The tension control is also very inaccurate and loose. I also have a Markins head so it is perhaps an unfair comparison. The Markins Q3T is the same size and far better in all areas execpt the security pin in the quick release clamp.

twan
Like?
I returned it today
In reply to afoton, Apr 22, 2013

because I don't have time to go to the shop and look for a replacement within reasonable time.

It's a shame but I can't returned it in a few weekend. Now I'm going to look for an other one.

Maybe i check out a gitzo 2542T or 2541. I don't mind paying more if the quality is higher. I know how the sirui looks like so I can compare it.

Yezariael
Contributing MemberPosts: 574Gear list
Like?
Re: I returned it today
In reply to twan, Apr 22, 2013

strange behavior in my eyes... 

Yezariael's gear list:Yezariael's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 35mm F1.4 G +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads