Fuji X100S promo video with Zack Arias

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions
jonnie burtoft
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Fuji X100S promo video with Zack Arias
Apr 18, 2013

Hi, if you have a few minutes check out the Fuji promo video with Zack Arias using the camera in Istanbul, just youtube it. He's very enthusiastic about the camera and Istanbul as a place to visit. Both look fantastic!

I find his photos to be superb and are a good advert for Fuji.

Cheers Jon

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ithinkihaveacat
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X100S promo video with Zack Arias
In reply to jonnie burtoft, Apr 18, 2013

Uh, where can I find the video?? And interesting that his review http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100s-review-a-camera-walks-into-a-bar/ ("And that folks… is why I say Fuji is the new Leica and the x100s is the greatest camera I’ve ever owned.") doesn't admit to any commercial relationship with Fuji...

Michael

ithinkihaveacat's gear list:ithinkihaveacat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X100S DxO FilmPack 4 Essential
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ArtByLukeBennett
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
In reply to ithinkihaveacat, Apr 18, 2013

ithinkihaveacat wrote:

Uh, where can I find the video?? And interesting that his review http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100s-review-a-camera-walks-into-a-bar/ ("And that folks… is why I say Fuji is the new Leica and the x100s is the greatest camera I’ve ever owned.") doesn't admit to any commercial relationship with Fuji...

Michael

"While Fuji has hired me to shoot with their camera, I have not signed a contract with them nor have I signed an NDA. I have no idea. When I left Istanbul my job with them was done. They’re not paying for this review. But, yes. I got paid to shoot with the x100s. So, take that however you want. I know for some of you that paints me as a sideshow salesman. That’s fine. I get that. I’m leery of paid spokespeople as well."

Did you actually read it?

ArtByLukeBennett's gear list:ArtByLukeBennett's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3
ithinkihaveacat
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
In reply to ArtByLukeBennett, Apr 18, 2013

Yes I did, in fact I read it carefully because it was part of the reason I bought a X100S.  I think the reason I forgot his review contained this disclaimer is that I didn't expect "Fuji has hired me to shoot with their camera" actually meant "Fuji has hired me to star in a 10 minute promo video extolling the virtues of the X100S."

Michael

ithinkihaveacat's gear list:ithinkihaveacat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X100S DxO FilmPack 4 Essential
pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,963Gear list
Like?
In reply to ithinkihaveacat, Apr 18, 2013

ithinkihaveacat wrote:

Yes I did, in fact I read it carefully because it was part of the reason I bought a X100S.  I think the reason I forgot his review contained this disclaimer is that I didn't expect "Fuji has hired me to shoot with their camera" actually meant "Fuji has hired me to star in a 10 minute promo video extolling the virtues of the X100S."

Michael

He did his job very well. Together with having already read the manual, I feel I am ready to start shooting as soon as one becomes available.

I did think it rather funnt him declaring this to be the end of dslr while having an interchangeable lens camera sitting on the table.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

JCP_76
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
In reply to pavi1, Apr 18, 2013

pavi1 wrote:

I did think it rather funnt him declaring this to be the end of dslr while having an interchangeable lens camera sitting on the table.

That was an X-Pro 1, so not a DSLR.

I think he was meaning from a 'small and portable point of view'.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads