Tripod required for Canada Visit

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions
Car629
Contributing MemberPosts: 641
Like?
Tripod required for Canada Visit
Apr 17, 2013

Hi I wonder if any of you can help me. I will travelling to Canada for a three week visit in June/July, arriving Ottawa and departing from Toronto. I don't want to take the tripod I am using as it's borrowed from a friend and is very heavy. I was wondering if I could:-

a. Hire a tripod for 3 weeks (The problem being returning it to Ottawa when I depart from Toronto?

b. Purchase a cheap one - Need someone to recommend shop or shops so I don't have to do a heap of foot work to find one.

Or

I could purchase one from someone in Canada/USA through this site and they send it to the address in which I will be staying in Ottawa. The disadvantage of this being I have to take the sellers word that it is ok and that they will send it.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Carol

Kuppenbender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,799Gear list
Like?
Re: Tripod required for Canada Visit
In reply to Car629, Apr 18, 2013

Car629 wrote:

Hi I wonder if any of you can help me. I will travelling to Canada for a three week visit in June/July, arriving Ottawa and departing from Toronto. I don't want to take the tripod I am using as it's borrowed from a friend and is very heavy. I was wondering if I could:-

a. Hire a tripod for 3 weeks (The problem being returning it to Ottawa when I depart from Toronto?

Headshots have an arrangement with the Henry's chain of camera shops for collection and returning hired equipment. I think there are branches of Henry's in Ottawa and Toronto.

b. Purchase a cheap one - Need someone to recommend shop or shops so I don't have to do a heap of foot work to find one.

I've never been to Canada, but Henry's gets mentioned quite a lot (in a good way) by those who have.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Car629
Contributing MemberPosts: 641
Like?
Re: Tripod required for Canada Visit
In reply to Kuppenbender, Apr 18, 2013

Hi Kuppenbender,

Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Carol

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads