Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions
Mousetrapper
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Re: DPR hands on preview. JPG's poor on Ricoh
In reply to rube39, Apr 19, 2013

rube39 wrote:

Mousetrapper wrote:

I think (though I seldom shoot Jpeg) that Ricoh has gone for a "natural" look in the default setting which to many people might seem anemic when compared to the added "punch" in color and contrast that some of the other use more pronounced as default.

You are probably right. But jpeg shooters who opt for anything other than a simple P&S certainly know how to adjust the jpegs in camera. Shoot in vivid, add or subtract contrast, sharpness, and saturation to taste. What happens is the camera reviewers tend to shoot everything in default, which certainly does not do the Ricoh jpeg engine (or that of any other maker) justice.

Agreed, to the letter.

-- hide signature --

not affiliated with anyone except myself

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tapani Tarvainen
Regular MemberPosts: 187Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR hands on preview. GR
In reply to Tom Caldwell, Apr 20, 2013

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Myself, pocketable or not, I don't think it a good idea  to carry a camera in a pocket or even a handbag as all sorts off stuff gets in there besides cameras.

I've been carrying GRD3 and GRD1 and GR-1 and GR-1s before it in my pants pocket fairly regularly since 1997, with no ill effects - with their leather cases, though, but the cases are tight enough that the cameras do fit in pants pocket even with the case. And for me that is really a very concrete and important reason to like the GR* cameras: they are pocketable, quite literally.

Tapani Tarvainen's gear list:Tapani Tarvainen's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Ricoh GR Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads