Pixel peeper's madness

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Pixel peeper's madness
Apr 16, 2013

Just from fresh D7100. Alot of pixels to peep. Very Large.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to krikman, Apr 16, 2013

krikman wrote:

Just from fresh D7100. Alot of pixels to peep. Very Large.

Looks good, don't see any signs of the questionable grain I've seen in the shots of some others.

 fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to fotolopithecus, Apr 16, 2013

And now more pleasured one

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mac_no1
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to krikman, Apr 16, 2013

First post using the D7100 and 70-300 VR II - not sure it qualifies for pixel peeping!

 mac_no1's gear list:mac_no1's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mac_no1
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to mac_no1, Apr 16, 2013

mac_no1 wrote:

First post using the D7100 and 70-300 VR II - not sure it qualifies for pixel peeping!

Seems I failed to upload the image correctly! not sure what limits there may be in place but suspect the file size was too big, sorry about that. I shall have to read up a little on posting.

 mac_no1's gear list:mac_no1's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness OP's picture from where?
In reply to mac_no1, Apr 17, 2013

Hi Kirkman,

Your original picture looked like it came from Europe, in fact, I'd have thought scandinavia. Am I right?

-- hide signature --

karl reed

 karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
You press the button
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness OP's picture from where?
In reply to karlreed, Apr 17, 2013

There are cyrillic letters on the plastic bags and on the arched sign on the fence. Russia?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness OP's picture from where?
In reply to You press the button, Apr 17, 2013

You press the button wrote:

There are cyrillic letters on the plastic bags and on the arched sign on the fence. Russia?

Murmansk. Alot of dirty snow melting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness OP's picture from where?
In reply to krikman, Apr 18, 2013

krikman wrote:

You press the button wrote:

There are cyrillic letters on the plastic bags and on the arched sign on the fence. Russia?

Murmansk. Alot of dirty snow melting.

Yes, I saw the cyrillic after I had posted. There is something very unique about the dirty, melting snow. Thanks for the shots!.

-- hide signature --

karl reed

 karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tony Rogers
Contributing MemberPosts: 571Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to krikman, Apr 18, 2013

Can't peep any pixels because you haven't allowed us to see the full sized image...

 Tony Rogers's gear list:Tony Rogers's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
What post processing?
In reply to krikman, Apr 18, 2013

So I can tell from the EXIF you used Lightroom. What post processing did you do? Especially noise reduction?

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel peeper's madness
In reply to Tony Rogers, Apr 18, 2013

Tony Rogers wrote:

Can't peep any pixels because you haven't allowed us to see the full sized image...

Just click on picture then go 1:1 100% view then wait some time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: What post processing?
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Apr 18, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

So I can tell from the EXIF you used Lightroom. What post processing did you do? Especially noise reduction?

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

-0.5 ev as shoot, polarizator filter.

Adobe lightroom:

- Camera Landscape profile

- Shadows +100

- Clarity +34

- Sharpening 31 R1.0 details 85

- Luminance NR 0

- Color NR 15.

I was actually impressed with level of detalisation of branches and cones on trees. I just newer saw before such quantity of tree's branches in one picture.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: What post processing?
In reply to krikman, Apr 18, 2013

krikman wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

So I can tell from the EXIF you used Lightroom. What post processing did you do? Especially noise reduction?

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

-0.5 ev as shoot, polarizator filter.

Adobe lightroom:

- Camera Landscape profile

- Shadows +100

- Clarity +34

- Sharpening 31 R1.0 details 85

Sorry. Correct parameters were for sharpening 25-1.0-25-50 (Amount-Radius-Detail-Masking)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
Thanks for the very detailed response (N/T)
In reply to krikman, Apr 18, 2013
-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads