What happened to this forum?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
What happened to this forum?
Apr 16, 2013

I have been lurking here since last fall, this forum was a hot bed of when is my D400 gonna show up.   Since the D7100 showed up this forum is dead, hope everyone is out testing their new bodies!   Let's see some more pictures!

jjoyce's gear list:jjoyce's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V1
Nikon D40 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,105
Like?
Re: What happened to this forum?
In reply to jjoyce, Apr 16, 2013

Not sure what you're asking.  This isn't the forum where a D7100 would be discussed as that would be here.  D400 rumors whenever they pop up are discussed here and some folks (not that many) still discuss D300 things here.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
n057
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,001Gear list
Like?

jjoyce wrote:

I have been lurking here since last fall, this forum was a hot bed of when is my D400 gonna show up.   Since the D7100 showed up this forum is dead, hope everyone is out testing their new bodies!   Let's see some more pictures!

The new body for *this* forum would be the non-existant D400.  If a D400 materializes, you will see lots of activity here.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
JimPearce
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,280Gear list
Like?
Ask Nikon...

The future of this forum is in their hands, not ours.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100
Gary_Scotland
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080
Like?

jjoyce wrote:

Hello,

I think it actually happened a long time before the D7100 appeared. The forum seemed to become more dominated with posts that were negative and moaning about imaginary and speculative cameras, rather than positive posts about existing cameras.

I tend to believe that most people prefer to 'stay longer' in 'happy' environments

Regards,

Gary

Hansa Yindee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,803Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gary_Scotland, Apr 16, 2013

I'm still just out shooting my D300. When or if a

D400 shows up I'll still be out shooting my D300..;-)

-- hide signature --

Jon in Thailand
www.flickr.com/photos/af2899/

Hansa Yindee's gear list:Hansa Yindee's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D1X Nikon D300 Nikon D2X Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,248Gear list
Like?
I don't see anything wrong with the forum

Quite the contrary, in fact, I think that the forum today is better than it has been in quite a while. We aren't seeing the constant arguing with the trolls, but we are seeing intelligent and polite discussion on the various aspects of future cameras, while at the same time we are seeing members posting photos from existing gear.

I think that's great and hope that it continues.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D700 Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 +11 more
BartyLobethal
Contributing MemberPosts: 560Gear list
Like?
You want pictures?

Ok then. Here are some recent ones shot with my D300s. It's working fine.

-- hide signature --

BartyL

BartyLobethal's gear list:BartyLobethal's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D300S Nikon D700 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +11 more
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,750
Like?
Agree with Kerry......

But I want a new Nikon release (ahem D400) that fits the criteria of this forum and it will be lively again, with moderation

-- hide signature --
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Not trying to be negative...

My point was watching this forum in the past, the majority of the threads were whining about the D300 replacement.  Now that the D7100 hit there is nothing going on here.   Think the whiners went out to try the D71K and are actually taking pictures, not whining here.

Like Kerry said, this is better!

jjoyce's gear list:jjoyce's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V1
nikkorwatcher
Contributing MemberPosts: 684
Like?

Six years is a long time to wait for a truly new version of a digital camera. It would be decent of Nikon if they are not to update the D300s to just say it's not in their plans and that is that.

NikonScavenger
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
In reply to nikkorwatcher, Apr 16, 2013

nikkorwatcher wrote:

Six years is a long time to wait for a truly new version of a digital camera. It would be decent of Nikon if they are not to update the D300s to just say it's not in their plans and that is that.

The Eos 7D has yet to have an update, too. D300s came out within months of the 7D...

It could simply be that Nikon and Canon aren't seeing money in advancing a pro crop body line anymore.

I do know that the D7100 is as much of a replacement for the 300s as the Rebel line is for the 7D.

pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,898Gear list
Like?
In reply to NikonScavenger, Apr 16, 2013

NikonScavenger wrote:

I do know that the D7100 is as much of a replacement for the 300s as the Rebel line is for the 7D.

So true. The D300S and the 7D are still kings of the DX hill after all this time.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

krikman
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
In reply to pavi1, Apr 16, 2013

pavi1 wrote:

NikonScavenger wrote:

So true. The D300S and the 7D are still kings of the DX hill after all this time.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #44

These kings reigns but not rules.

JimPearce
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,280Gear list
Like?
If only Kerry...
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Apr 17, 2013

This was the one Nikon forum that featured a lot of photographs and less gear talk. But...Roman Johnston is charging up the battery on his D800. Bright Angel has gone to Canon. Humanoid and I are posting bird shots on the DX board. Jim Fenton left for his own reasons, but frustration with Nikon had a lot to do with it. Sure, DezM is as steady as ever and others contribute. But it ain't what it used to be.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100
pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,898Gear list
Like?
Who is king of the hill?
In reply to krikman, Apr 17, 2013

-- hide signature --

WSSA #44

AWG_Pics
Contributing MemberPosts: 666Gear list
Like?
It is the calm before the D400 storm
In reply to jjoyce, Apr 17, 2013

You will see how things kick up then. Meanwhile I am in D300s, D700 and D40 bliss.

AWG_Pics's gear list:AWG_Pics's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D300S +39 more
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,248Gear list
Like?
Re: If only Kerry...
In reply to JimPearce, Apr 17, 2013

JimPearce wrote:

This was the one Nikon forum that featured a lot of photographs and less gear talk. But...Roman Johnston is charging up the battery on his D800. Bright Angel has gone to Canon. Humanoid and I are posting bird shots on the DX board. Jim Fenton left for his own reasons, but frustration with Nikon had a lot to do with it. Sure, DezM is as steady as ever and others contribute. But it ain't what it used to be.

Yes, and I'm afraid that it will never go back to the way that it was, but we'll see.  It's a shame, but I don't blame folks for having given up and gone elsewhere.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D700 Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 +11 more
pixd90
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't see anything wrong with the forum
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Apr 17, 2013

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Quite the contrary, in fact, I think that the forum today is better than it has been in quite a while. We aren't seeing the constant arguing with the trolls, but we are seeing intelligent and polite discussion on the various aspects of future cameras, while at the same time we are seeing members posting photos from existing gear.

I think that's great and hope that it continues.

Kerry

I believe your omtting the obvious, D300- 2008; D300s - 2009.

Quite better for the few remaining but compared to other forums - one of the fewest threads and posts.  Unless the D400 comes out this forum is heading for extinction.

As to better, yes very informative but at times boring, I do miss the occasional trolling and gnashing of teeth. Oops, am I trolling or expressing my opinion? or are they the same?

pixd90's gear list:pixd90's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Robert A F
Regular MemberPosts: 379Gear list
Like?
Re: It is the calm before the D400 storm
In reply to AWG_Pics, Apr 17, 2013

I have similar bliss---D300s,,,D700,,,D80 Infrared.

Robert A F's gear list:Robert A F's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D300S +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads