Wireless remote control for XE-1

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ckorody Junior Member • Posts: 37
Wireless remote control for XE-1

Hoping someone can recommend a wireless remote control to trigger the shutter on my XE-1.

I want to mount the XE-1 on a tripod near the subject (birds) and trigger remotely from behind the blind.

Thanks very much.

TexasBuyer Regular Member • Posts: 226
Re: Wireless remote control for XE-1

Since you have a XE-1, you may want to look into a TriggerTrap.  http://shop.triggertrap.com/collections/fujifilm/products/triggertrap-mobile-dongle-md-e3-for-canon [To other readers out there, this is NOT compatible with the X-Pro 1.]

TexasBuyer's gear list:TexasBuyer's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
cali4nia love Regular Member • Posts: 112

TexasBuyer wrote:

Since you have a XE-1, you may want to look into a TriggerTrap.  http://shop.triggertrap.com/collections/fujifilm/products/triggertrap-mobile-dongle-md-e3-for-canon [To other readers out there, this is NOT compatible with the X-Pro 1.]

Do you think this will work on X100s ?

Randy Benter
Randy Benter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,145

Yongnuo RF-603 C1 works great as a wireless shutter remote for the X-E1. You can also use it to trigger a flash. The C1 version comes with the correct 2.5mm cable.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T10 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Apple Aperture +18 more
perez69 Regular Member • Posts: 182

cali4nia love wrote:

TexasBuyer wrote:

Do you think this will work on X100s ?

I'd like to know it me too

triggerkev New Member • Posts: 2

Hey guys,

The Triggertrap will not work with the x100s, no remote port built into the camera, which is staggering for this kind of camera. Will definitely work with the XE-1 as mentioned earlier though.

ckorody OP Junior Member • Posts: 37

Thnx very much for this idea. What a fascinating application!

However, unless I am missing something the remote device (iPhone) has to be located next to the camera so that it can be connected. Since I want to trigger randomly I am not sure how to apply the TriggerTrap to accomplish this.

Astrophotographer 10 Senior Member • Posts: 6,682

Triggertrap requires a cable between the camera and iphone.

You can get a cheap intervalometer off ebay with a wireless unit that fits on the hot shoe.

I have one for my Nikon D800E and it works fine. Not sure about the range. Probably about 30 feet or less.

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads