Fujifilm Finepix F900EXR

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions
Gingertwist
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm Finepix F900EXR
Apr 16, 2013

In case you wanted to see what pictures look like from the Fuji F900EXR. I have slightly modified some of them in lightroom 4

WheelerDealer
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm Finepix F900EXR
In reply to Gingertwist, Apr 16, 2013

your timing with these images was spot on since it addresses a post i made a few moments later. (or, am i in a time warp, and this was in response to my post? the mind boggles.) anyway, thanks for sharing, they look nice.  (o;

-- hide signature --

Aloha!
http://picasaweb.google.com/arbywheeler
D 3 0 0 , S 5 P r o , S 3 P r o , F 1 0 0 F D , N 9 0 s , F E 2

WheelerDealer's gear list:WheelerDealer's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John McCormack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
In reply to WheelerDealer, Apr 16, 2013

Gingertwist: Did you solve the battery drain issue?

My F900EXR arrived a few hours ago. My initial impressions are quite good. I've set it up for my style of shooting, but I'm not prepared to post any images yet.

John McCormack
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, Apr 16, 2013

The raw files are huge. I'm not happy to see that slooooowww old Silkypix is the raw converter. I'll stick with Helicon Filter 5.2 until support from ACDSee Pro becomes available.

Gingertwist
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, Apr 16, 2013

Hi Wheelerdealer,

No, my battery is still an issue so I am going to take it back. I haven't quite decided if I will get a new one or hold off for now. I do like some of the pictures but am not so sure about people pictures. To be fair though I am coming from a DSLR where the pictures are so crisp and clear. I have until Thursday (one week) to return it so will take lots of pictures till then to decide. Let me know how you make out, maybe it is just my camera.

Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,136Gear list
Like?
very nice ... watch out though ...
In reply to Gingertwist, Apr 17, 2013

Some of the highlights are pretty blown (ice, clouds) ...

Not sure what settings you are using, but at the least shoot -1/3ev ... maybe -2/3 ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Kim Letkeman
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, Apr 17, 2013

John McCormack wrote:

The raw files are huge. I'm not happy to see that slooooowww old Silkypix is the raw converter. I'll stick with Helicon Filter 5.2 until support from ACDSee Pro becomes available.

Your F900 really deserves Lightroom ... you can try the version 5 beta for free for a while starting yesterday ...

Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
John McCormack
Like?
Re: very nice ... watch out though ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Apr 17, 2013

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Not sure what settings you are using, but at the least shoot -1/3ev ... maybe -2/3 ...

Kim,

Do you recommend the -1/3ev -2/3ev when shooting with DR400 and M size?

John McCormack
Like?
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Apr 17, 2013

Kim Letkeman wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

Your F900 really deserves Lightroom ... you can try the version 5 beta for free for a while starting yesterday ...

I'm not a big fan of Lightroom - basically I'm too cheap. ACDSee Pro and Helicon Filter 5.2 do all I need - posting images on the web. But, I'm always willing to look into new version of software, Lightroom included.

Kim Letkeman
Like?
Re: very nice ... watch out though ...

John McCormack wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Kim,

Do you recommend the -1/3ev -2/3ev when shooting with DR400 and M size?

If using the JPEG, then yes ... 0EV puts the JPEG at some risk. If planning on using the RAW only, you can probably get away with 0ev ... which improves the shadows somewhat.

Kim Letkeman
Like?

John McCormack wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Lightroom - basically I'm too cheap. ACDSee Pro and Helicon Filter 5.2 do all I need - posting images on the web. But, I'm always willing to look into new version of software, Lightroom included.

I don't know what sort of sophistication ACDSEE brings to RAW processing, or if they merely suck the basic JPEG out of the RAW file for you (a common way of handling the RAW file in the free tools so maybe ACDSEE is better), which would be far worse than just using the FINE JPEG.

Fuji and Adobe have finally collaborated on improved RAW support and it really shows in Lightroom 4.4. So it is up to you ... but I spend a lot of my time working on images and have no desire to waste some of it on mediocre tools. The camera and processing tools are a system, after all.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads