The Canon 7D or the New 7D Mark II Locked

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Melvin Partido
Regular MemberPosts: 344
The Canon 7D or the New 7D Mark II
Apr 16, 2013

Currently I own a Canon 50D and thinking of upgrading to 7D, but I am told by the salesperson, wait a while cause the new Canon 7D Mark II is coming next month.

Should I upgrade to 7D or wait for the 7D Mark II?

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
curradob
Contributing MemberPosts: 963Gear list
Re: The Canon 7D or the New 7D Mark II
In reply to Melvin Partido, Apr 16, 2013

You can't expect an answer to that question until you know what a 7D Mark II is going to be.  If it costs $5000 is it still an option?  Wait until the specs and price come out.

-- hide signature --

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy. MLK

curradob's gear list:curradob's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +3 more
mailman88
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,825Gear list

....The 'new' 70D is coming April 23, 2013. The spec's and price look good.

I think the 7DmkII price will be over $2,000

mailman88's gear list:mailman88's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +4 more
giraffe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,253

The 50D is a good camera. If you are happy with it I would wait. No one knows what the 7Dii will look like or when it will come out or what the features will be but the rumors are this year and I think Canon has to replace the 7D soon. Its getting long in the tooth - been out about 4 years and that is long for a camera. That said, the 7D will be significantly less dollars than its replacement so if the specs of the 7D are to your satisfaction look for a 7D on sale - the price of the 7D is coming down and the 7D is a GOOD camera. I still have and love mine but am waiting to see what a 7Dii will look like. For example I would like higher ISO capability. If you can wait - I would wait.

-- hide signature --

Bert D

TDR1
Contributing MemberPosts: 539
In reply to mailman88, Apr 16, 2013

mailman88 wrote:

....The 'new' 70D is coming April 23, 2013. The spec's and price look good.

Is that right? All I've seen is rumours, nothing announced. The latest update on Canon Rumours suggests the 70D won't be announced on that date.

-- hide signature --
TDR1
Contributing MemberPosts: 539

Melvin Partido wrote:

Currently I own a Canon 50D and thinking of upgrading to 7D, but I am told by the salesperson, wait a while cause the new Canon 7D Mark II is coming next month.

As far as I know, nothing has been announced for either the 7DII or the 70D so nobody can answer that. If you are in a rush for an upgrade, the 7D is a great camera and many on here have said it's a good upgrade from the 50D - although others have also said the opposite.

If you are waiting for the new releases, I would recommend waiting until after the 70D and 7DII are released and then compare reviews. If they don't offer anything you want over the 7D, that will be a great time to grab a bargain on a new or used 7D.

-- hide signature --
Richard Ettinger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,054Gear list

Melvin Partido wrote:

Why not just hold out for the 7D Mark LVXXI? Should be available next decade or so.

-- hide signature --

Canon 40D. Canon 50mm f1.4, canon 135mm 2.8/soft focus, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 24-105L. Sony Nex-7.

Richard Ettinger's gear list:Richard Ettinger's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF +5 more
unknown member
(unknown member)

Melvin Partido wrote:

Melvin,

Quit posting new threads with the same question.  Go back to your original thread and interact there.  If you're not getting the answers you want posting the same question over and over isn't going to accomplish anything.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Sportz101
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
In reply to mailman88, Apr 16, 2013

mailman88 wrote:

$2000???? Whoa! That must be some impressive list of specs for an APS-C pro-sumer camera to warrant that much money.  Honestly, I've not read that much about the rumors of the 7DII, just that one is hoped for this year.  It should be interesting to see what it comes out at, IMO.

Sportz101's gear list:Sportz101's gear list
Nikon D3
crazybadger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,296

Melvin Partido wrote:

Why did you start another thread with the exact same question?

Your other thread is:

"Should I get the 7D or wait for the 7D Mark II?

Currently I am using Canon EOS 50D and would like to upgrade to 7D.  Looking all the post on the  7d, it must be a great Canon EOS camera.  Should I just go ahead and get a 7D and just maybe I don't need those bells and whisles (whatever they are) that could be on the Mark II."

A question about a camera that we don't even know when it will be released let alone the specs? Am I missing something here?

scorrpio
Senior MemberPosts: 2,533
In reply to Sportz101, Apr 16, 2013

Sportz101 wrote:

mailman88 wrote:

$2000???? Whoa! That must be some impressive list of specs for an APS-C pro-sumer camera to warrant that much money.  Honestly, I've not read that much about the rumors of the 7DII, just that one is hoped for this year.  It should be interesting to see what it comes out at, IMO.

One set of rumors says it will be an 'APS-C 1Dx'  Pro-style integrated grip body with landscape and portrait controls, 12fps, dual cards, 61-point AF and other bells and whistles.   Again, that's a  rumor, one of several such floating about.  And release time is not known either, except it appears fairly certain to happen sometime this year.

Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,251Gear list

This is a duplicate of your other thread and I have therefore locked it.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51298758

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads