www.pbase.com/epronske
www.flickr.com/photos/erikpronske

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cailean Gallimore
Senior MemberPosts: 6,082
Like?
Re: Street ptography attempt - many photos
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Apr 15, 2013

These photos are much more than an attempt - they are very good, and very interesting to look at

John Knuhtsen
Contributing MemberPosts: 600
Like?
Re: a few more that i forgot to add

Great ! Surely great.

I have now looked at exif. Many are shot at F/1.8, and all 50 mm lens. The bokeh is lovely, and corner sharpness means nothing. The 50 mm gives a slight tunnel-look.

http://www.photozone.de/sony_nex/720-sony50f18nex

I will remember this when I go to Istanbul next week (some sharp legacy lens). I will also take with me a 12 mm for inside the mosques.

Do you postprocess ? or are they shot jpg.

davect01
Senior MemberPosts: 3,973
Like?

You got some nice shots.  Not all perfect, but that's the idea of street shooting.

-- hide signature --

Novice photobug, proud NEX-3 owner
http://davesnex-3photos.blogspot.com/

fotoliefhebber
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?

I think you have made a lot of nice street photos and didn't fall in the trap to made everything in B&W. That gives it an more old view and also a more grim one. There is in my opinion an overrating of the more grim black and white street shots these days.

Steve rodoski
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?

Lots of good pics .I do like the Black & white though.I commend you on your efforts .all are really good .

salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?

thank you for explaining. you played with overall levels and colors? or used brushes to bring out areas? If the former, then it's a wonderful basic shot already.

Is there any chance you could post the original of this first shot and a few others, of the more dramatically lit ones??

your shots are rightly getting ALOT of attention. Us mere mortals would love to get to grips with how you achieved them

hello, right now, i'm at work and after quit, i'll go to gym, in other words, i'll be at home late..but will try to post the original.....i also use photo effects software which has some cool effects...try it.

thanks so much. We appreciate your effort. Take your time , no rush. Haha. I don't think I've seen a set of pics spark off so much interest before

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
salla30
Like?
In reply to fotoliefhebber, Apr 15, 2013

fotoliefhebber wrote:

I think you have made a lot of nice street photos and didn't fall in the trap to made everything in B&W. That gives it an more old view and also a more grim one. There is in my opinion an overrating of the more grim black and white street shots these days.

yeah nice! You're right. The colour really enhances the pictures. Well said!

timewaster
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
In reply to salla30, Apr 15, 2013

please let us know what photo effect software you used. I love the look.

thanks!

mkandil
Regular MemberPosts: 482Gear list
Like?

True street shots.Very nice,like them all.

Richard Ettinger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,058Gear list
Like?
Very nice work
-- hide signature --

Canon 40D. Canon 50mm f1.4, canon 135mm 2.8/soft focus, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 24-105L. Sony Nex-7.

Richard Ettinger's gear list:Richard Ettinger's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF +5 more
Don Karner
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
Re: what is the final intent for these pics?

Just wondering?

Will they be printed, made into an e book, stored on your hard drive?  What will be their eventual use?

-- hide signature --

Ol' Don in Broken Arrow

Don Karner's gear list:Don Karner's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
Rickj23
Regular MemberPosts: 456
Like?

ijustloveshooting wrote:

These are some of my attempts to street photography and some for night photography,,, most of them shot with sel50mmF1.8 and PPed to my taste... i hope you like them.

C&C are highly appreciated.

The street photos that you have uploaded here, are probably the best ones, that I have seen on any forum for a while. You have a good eye for composition.

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,457
Like?
Not usually a fan of street shots
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Apr 16, 2013

I'm not usually a fan of street shots, but then, that's because 99% of them are shot in B/W "because", they tend to feature people's backsides walking away or people sitting /standing with blank expressions. Just plain worthless.

You on the other hand have taken quite a few very interesting photos. I find it a refreshing change that you've used color quite a lot, and very well too. Well above the usual 'street shots' I see posted. Thanks for sharing. Other street shooters, look how it's done.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

ijustloveshooting
Senior MemberPosts: 1,826Gear list
Like?
In reply to salla30, Apr 16, 2013

salla30 wrote:

thank you for explaining. you played with overall levels and colors? or used brushes to bring out areas? If the former, then it's a wonderful basic shot already.

Is there any chance you could post the original of this first shot and a few others, of the more dramatically lit ones??

your shots are rightly getting ALOT of attention. Us mere mortals would love to get to grips with how you achieved them

hello, right now, i'm at work and after quit, i'll go to gym, in other words, i'll be at home late..but will try to post the original.....i also use photo effects software which has some cool effects...try it.

thanks so much. We appreciate your effort. Take your time , no rush. Haha. I don't think I've seen a set of pics spark off so much interest before

Hello my friend, sorry i couldn't open my computer last night,,, arrived at home very late without any energy left ,,, but for you, i took a photo that i think you'll like...will post both tonight :))

ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-A1 Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
ijustloveshooting
Like?
thanks (nt)
In reply to Erik Pronske, Apr 16, 2013
No text.
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-A1 Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
ijustloveshooting
Like?
thank you all,,,

i was really not expecting that much of interest to my photos...i'm really surprised....many thanks....  i'll soon post some more photos that i think you may like...

salla30
Like?

- good stuff! thanks to you also. Still the good comments keep coming... i look forward to seeing your pictures.

Dabbler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,405Gear list
Like?

Superb work, lots of great night shots! I love the shot of the shoe shine man, he's clearly tricked out like a pro. You should setup a  500px.com account and share your photos there. Really!

-- hide signature --

Michael

Dabbler's gear list:Dabbler's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
ijustloveshooting
Like?
Re: what is the final intent for these pics?
In reply to Don Karner, Apr 16, 2013

Don Karner wrote:

Just wondering?

Will they be printed, made into an e book, stored on your hard drive?  What will be their eventual use?

-- hide signature --

Ol' Don in Broken Arrow

Hello,

As of this moment, i don't have any future plans for my photos, they're just in my computer...I may open a blog but i need to search how to manage a blog

many thanks,

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads