ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Well done!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Dohmnuill
Contributing MemberPosts: 662
Like?
Re: Street ptography attempt - many photos
In reply to Karsten Meyer, Apr 15, 2013

Karsten Meyer wrote:

These are some of the best "street photos" I ever saw. Most of such photos are just poor photography, because people think this sort of picture has to be tilted and fuzzy. Your photos are straight - and they tell a story, too.

Well said, Karsten. These are not only interesting shots (I want to know more) but so well made.

(Another blog run by someone called Steve invites the poor photography you mention to the chorus of acclamation by his cheer squad as the inevitable high contrast meaningless shots are labelled as "gritty" and every other cliche known to man.))

aap292
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
In reply to Dohmnuill, Apr 15, 2013

The 50 loves low light.

ijustloveshooting
Senior MemberPosts: 1,810Gear list
Like?
In reply to Putious, Apr 15, 2013

Putious wrote:

Wonderful shots!

I'm a newbie and would like to know how you got such good contrast on some of those shots.  What's you post process?

Thanks in advance

I generally use PS for PP,  and Picasa...glad you liked them!

ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
ijustloveshooting
Like?
thanks, i'm so glad you all liked these photos! (nt)
In reply to Mel Snyder, Apr 15, 2013

Mel Snyder wrote:

Karsten Meyer wrote:

These are some of the best "street photos" I ever saw. Most of such photos are just poor photography, because people think this sort of picture has to be tilted and fuzzy. Your photos are straight - and they tell a story, too.

-- hide signature --

--> See my photos on http://gplus.to/KarstenMeyer

I agree. There are a few that Cartier-Bresson would have been glad to claim - like the guy carrying the bag of cans near the streetcar. VERY impressive!

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
ijustloveshooting
Like?
In reply to LifeIsAVerb, Apr 15, 2013

LifeIsAVerb wrote:

Wow! Very strong set of images! Too many to comment on particular images, but i note a theme among many of them—the definition of spaces and enclosures, whether literally with the use of glass enclosures and windows, or simply the personal space defined by the people in the photo. The surrounding darkness often accentuates these worlds set apart from their surroundings.

Was this something you consciously had in mind when shooting, or just a result of what happened when you followed your eye? Either way, it's a very engaging notion.

Thanks for sharing!

Hello, thanks for great comments, i'm really proud to receive them.

As for the  photos, i  can more or less estimate what will i get when i took these shots after i come back to home...But my secret is, i keep my camera all the time with me...most of these shots were taken when i'm out for some other reasons, generally as i go to home from gym or when i'm out to hang out with my friends...i rarely go out only for photography..Thanks to compactness of nex, it's with me all the time.

many thanks again.

OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Street photography attempt - excellent series.
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Apr 15, 2013

One of the best available light/night scene series I have seen on the net. Well done.

Vince

-- hide signature --

Everyone is an expert on dpreview!

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
D Cox
Senior MemberPosts: 7,014
Like?

Impressive.

Where are they taken ?

evoprox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,122Gear list
Like?

Simply some of the most inspired shots I've seen here in a while ... +1. #13 is my personal favorite, you could hang it next to images of ol' HCB without anyone noticing. Bravo. Even though you shot some people in the back, most of the time it fits the story IMO and you sure have some stories to tell.

Keep it up and keep them coming !

-- hide signature --

'Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.' Dali

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
boardsy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,196Gear list
Like?

Great stuff!

The timing of the woman in black's walking stick reflected in the puddle is fantastic, and my other favourite is the high contrast café scene with its expanse of black on the left and the sign's arrow pointing toward's the window. Others are perfectly framed, some nice leading lines also. Very atmospheric subject matter in your town (street sellers, cobbles, crumbling brick, rain etc.), beautifully  observed, captured and processed. A minor criticism for me would be to make the vignetting less obvious (more round & soft/feathered), but could be just my taste Vs yours, so feel free to ignore!

-- hide signature --
Alohaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
In reply to Karsten Meyer, Apr 15, 2013

Karsten Meyer wrote:

-- hide signature --

--> See my photos on http://gplus.to/KarstenMeyer

I fully agree!!

Alohaman's gear list:Alohaman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
webrunner5
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
In reply to boardsy, Apr 15, 2013

Wow, great job! You have that camera figured out. Impressive to say the least.

webrunner5's gear list:webrunner5's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-A1
James Bligh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167
Like?

ijustloveshooting wrote:

These are some of my attempts to street photography and some for night photography,,, most of them shot with sel50mmF1.8 and PPed to my taste... i hope you like them.

C&C are highly appreciated.

perfect composition

very good indeed

classic

What can I say? I like it. I wonder what it looks like if there were more picture above the head of lady.

-- hide signature --

Decision, decision, we are the slaves of decisions we made inadvertently.
May God forgive us our imperfections!
Dust to dust, what on earth are we entitled to claim?

salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?
In reply to James Bligh, Apr 15, 2013

James Bligh wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

These are some of my attempts to street photography and some for night photography,,, most of them shot with sel50mmF1.8 and PPed to my taste... i hope you like them.

perfect composition

very good indeed

classic

What can I say? I like it. I wonder what it looks like if there were more picture above the head of lady.

-- hide signature --

OP: How do you achieve that "look" clearly visible in the first shot above... you are dodging and burning and saturating certain areas? Very very impressive.

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
0x
0x
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
In reply to salla30, Apr 15, 2013

salla30 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

perfect composition

very good indeed

classic

-- hide signature --

OP: How do you achieve that "look" clearly visible in the first shot above... you are dodging and burning and saturating certain areas? Very very impressive.

@ijustloveshooting: Congratulations on your excellent shots! I also would be interested what PP you applied to the first shot above. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

ijustloveshooting
Like?
In reply to 0x, Apr 15, 2013

0x wrote:

salla30 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

C&C are highly appreciated

@ijustloveshooting: Congratulations on your excellent shots! I also would be interested what PP you applied to the first shot above. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

In this photo, lightning was really good, coming from inside of the cafe...what i did is playing with levels on PS to add some darkness to reveal good light on the man..also vignetted corners to take attention on the man and removing some unwanted objects at the edges...

After than this, added some sharpness and played with colors to create some dramatic tones.

that's it :)... I'm glad you liked them.

ijustloveshooting
Like?
In reply to D Cox, Apr 15, 2013

D Cox wrote:

Impressive.

Where are they taken ?

Hello,,, thanks,

these are taken in Bursa, one of the beautifull cities of Turkiye...You're invited!.

salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?

ijustloveshooting wrote:

0x wrote:

salla30 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

Cheers

In this photo, lightning was really good, coming from inside of the cafe...what i did is playing with levels on PS to add some darkness to reveal good light on the man..also vignetted corners to take attention on the man and removing some unwanted objects at the edges...

After than this, added some sharpness and played with colors to create some dramatic tones.

thank you for explaining. you played with overall levels and colors? or used brushes to bring out areas? If the former, then it's a wonderful basic shot already.

Is there any chance you could post the original of this first shot and a few others, of the more dramatically lit ones??

your shots are rightly getting ALOT of attention. Us mere mortals would love to get to grips with how you achieved them

salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
ijustloveshooting
Like?
In reply to salla30, Apr 15, 2013

salla30 wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

0x wrote:

salla30 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

Cheers

thank you for explaining. you played with overall levels and colors? or used brushes to bring out areas? If the former, then it's a wonderful basic shot already.

Is there any chance you could post the original of this first shot and a few others, of the more dramatically lit ones??

your shots are rightly getting ALOT of attention. Us mere mortals would love to get to grips with how you achieved them

hello, right now, i'm at work and after quit, i'll go to gym, in other words, i'll be at home late..but will try to post the original.....i also use photo effects software which has some cool effects...try it.

pwmoree
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
In reply to mwf369, Apr 15, 2013

Wow, you do stimlate me to use the 50mm f1.8 more often and also for street photography.

Thanks for sharing and providing stimulance for us who must learn to achieve this kind of result.

Peter

pwmoree's gear list:pwmoree's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads