Re: Kodak Pixpro

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions
chiue
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,334Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sir Corey of Deane, Jun 18, 2013

Hi neybay, if you don't mind, please post some Pixpro pictures. I'm sure lots of members would be interest to see some variety of shots from the Pixpro. Including myself.

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
karenbcz
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to chiue, Jul 13, 2013

HSN just had this camera on again as a TSV for $199.00.  LQQKS tempting!

karenbcz
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to karenbcz, Jul 13, 2013

Sorry!  It's $149.95.  Here are the specs: 16MP still photo resolution, 25X wide-angle zoom lens, HD video recording with sound, HD video @ 720P, HDMI cable for HDTV, Face Detection, Smile detection, Blink detection, Pet detection, Panorama mode for sweeping landscapes (this was demoed on TV and it was AMAZING!).

didihh
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to Blackbear, Aug 29, 2013

Blackbear wrote:

JamesD2 wrote:

Saleen1999 wrote:

By the way, I saw they are coming out with a 52x zoom PixPro Kodak. That is incredible. Can't wait to see that one.

-- hide signature --

Melissa aka mustang_fan

A 52x zoom? Wow! Do you mind telling me where you found this? I'm very intrigued by the 36x zoom and can't wait for some serious reviews. My Kodaks are a little long in the tooth and I'd love something a little more modern.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

http://kodakcamera.jkiltd.com/company/about.php#

Hover over "PIXPRO CAMERAS" and the announcement of the AZ521 coming soon is being displayed.

-- hide signature --

Mart
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away.
Kodak DX7590, Z980, P880, C875, P850, M583, P712, V570
( Lumix TZ5, my wife)

Recently read an article about Kodak Pixpro 52X, seems good performance. Seems only available in UK. http://www.ephotozine.com/article/kodak-pixpro-az521-bridge-camera-review-22576

Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 2,487Gear list
Like?
In reply to karenbcz, Aug 30, 2013

Sad.  A great American company.  Call or write for information-you got it.  Scanning negs for the transition to digital. Kodak has a format (forget the name now; ProPhoto?), dealers, special scanners, etc., but never made it work.  I think Kodak owned one of the first you upload a digital file and we will print it on photo paper-quality was excellent, but ... And so on.

The cameras were excellent value.  Kind of like the Radio Shack of cameras. The formats, processor might be a generation behind, but the sensor, lens, color, image quality was quite good. I have the Z8612 IS-a wonderful camera for the price.

fishycomics
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Like?
In reply to Gesture, Aug 30, 2013

Gesture wrote:

Sad. A great American company. Call or write for information-you got it. Scanning negs for the transition to digital. Kodak has a format (forget the name now; ProPhoto?), dealers, special scanners, etc., but never made it work. I think Kodak owned one of the first you upload a digital file and we will print it on photo paper-quality was excellent, but ... And so on.

The cameras were excellent value. Kind of like the Radio Shack of cameras. The formats, processor might be a generation behind, but the sensor, lens, color, image quality was quite good. I have the Z8612 IS-a wonderful camera for the price.

Byr RadioShack is still in business, you mean Arrow

Sir Corey of Deane
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
In reply to fishycomics, Aug 30, 2013

It looks as if Radio Shack is still in business only by the skin of its teeth if Wikipedia is anything to go by, Fishy. Used to be able to buy Radio Shack products from the now defunct Tandy chain of shops in the UK and I've had this totally reliable test meter since 1996.

An excuse to post a CX6445 pic anyway as I've managed to persuade its previous owner to part with it for £5 and as it takes pics with at least the quality of my Sony H2, it is a welcome addition to my collection of digicams. Only 4x zoom, but that's a step (or two) up from my CX7330 which has only digital zoom.

Forgot to reset date and time as they evaporate on changing batteries. A common fault with digicams of this age I understand but is one of the reasons I got the cam so cheaply. Doesn't matter to me!

Sir Corey of Deane's gear list:Sir Corey of Deane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Kodak EasyShare CX7300 Kodak EasyShare CX7430 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads