Re: Kodak Pixpro

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Todd3608, Apr 21, 2013

Todd, forgive my ignorance but what is a GE camera?

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Todd3608
Contributing MemberPosts: 744
Like?
In reply to JamesD2, Apr 21, 2013

http://www.hsn.com/products/ge-power-pro-16mp-26x-optical-zoom-hd-video-camera/7112946?variant=7112947

JamesD2 wrote:

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

chiue
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,332Gear list
Like?
In reply to JamesD2, Apr 21, 2013

JamesD2 wrote:

James, GE (General Electric) that is. Like HP, it looked like they both source from the same OEM.

And the new Kodak AZ631 definately look very similiar in appearance with the other two (GE, HP) camera.

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +4 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to chiue, Apr 21, 2013

Ah. Thanks, chiue. I'm not up on my camera models and makes.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +2 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to oldshutterbug, Apr 22, 2013

oldshutterbug wrote:

Don't know much about these new Pixpro  cameras but its great to see the Kodak name on the front of a new model camera, I hope they sell heaps of them.

These are stunning and exciting times for people who are fans of Kodak technology.  Kodak is BACK!

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 23, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

These are stunning and exciting times for people who are fans of Kodak technology.  Kodak is BACK!

I "wish" it were so, but in truth... Kodak is not really "back". The name has been kept alive and that's a good thing I suppose. But so far, the quality appears to be lacking.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

oldshutterbug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,587
Like?
In reply to JamesD2, Apr 23, 2013

JamesD2 wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

I "wish" it were so, but in truth... Kodak is not really "back". The name has been kept alive and that's a good thing I suppose. But so far, the quality appears to be lacking.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

I know what you mean James, its kinda like putting the Rolls Royce name on a Fiat, the real Kodak had their chance and blew it, having said that I guess its better than nothing.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss ~

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to oldshutterbug, Apr 23, 2013

oldshutterbug wrote:

I know what you mean James, its kinda like putting the Rolls Royce name on a Fiat, the real Kodak had their chance and blew it, having said that I guess its better than nothing.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Dave
Downunder.

I hear you (interesting comparison with the RR/Fiat, Dave... LOL). All of us are here because we're fans of Kodak and feel badly over what happened to Kodak (in fact... there's even a measure of anger over the mismanagement of Kodak over the last few years before its bankruptcy). I doubt there is a person here who wouldn't be tempted by a premium Kodak release and would willingly pay for it. But so far, what I've seen doesn't give me much encouragement and I feel badly about that.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

kendrikwiley
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
In reply to Saleen1999, Apr 24, 2013

Capture incredible close-ups or shoot from a distance without losing sight of your subject. Zoom out for wide-angle landscapes and group portraits

-- hide signature --

The camera's only job is to get out of the way of making photographs.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to kendrikwiley, Apr 24, 2013

kendrikwiley wrote:

Capture incredible close-ups or shoot from a distance without losing sight of your subject. Zoom out for wide-angle landscapes and group portraits

-- hide signature --

The camera's only job is to get out of the way of making photographs.

Indeed. Hold you're breath and release the shutter button gently. Use your arms as a tripod. These are basics. The subject at hand is the Pixpro

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

n3eg
Contributing MemberPosts: 676Gear list
Like?
In reply to Saleen1999, Apr 24, 2013

I just discovered that the battery for the AZ361 is the same as a GE camera battery and a HP camera battery.  Given the reputation of Chinese aftermarket batteries (usually under 50% of rated capacity) I wonder how they'd measure on the battery analyzer.

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +29 more
Babya
Regular MemberPosts: 374Gear list
Like?
In reply to n3eg, May 26, 2013

About availability of the Pixpros outside of the U.S., I emailed JK Imaging but did not receive any response.

I don't believe these Pixpros are available in Australia yet-but GE cameras with similar features are sold locally by distributor Tasco.

Have seen the FZ41/51 listed on some south-east Asian websites.

I'll email Kodak about availbilty of cameras from JK, their brand licensee in Australia.

Babya's gear list:Babya's gear list
Kodak DC3200 Olympus FE-310 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Fujifilm FinePix XP10 Canon PowerShot S95 +2 more
chiue
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,332Gear list
Like?
In reply to Babya, May 26, 2013

Babya wrote:

About availability of the Pixpros outside of the U.S., I emailed JK Imaging but did not receive any response.

I don't believe these Pixpros are available in Australia yet-but GE cameras with similar features are sold locally by distributor Tasco.

Have seen the FZ41/51 listed on some south-east Asian websites.

I'll email Kodak about availbilty of cameras from JK, their brand licensee in Australia.

Funny thing is in US, the PixPros products were sell thru HSN. However just check HSN, it does not have any licensed Kodak product anymore. Not sure what is going on. Instead they have the HP D3500 which is exactly the same as the Kodak AZ361 in features and spec except that the PixProc has 16M senser where the HP has 14M senser.

Beside, there is basically no pictures sample from the AZ361, except "btn1131" did post a few shots in Flickr and here in TKF. IMO, this Kodak PixProc is just any digital camera from an OEM with a Kodak name. Probably don't miss anything with just the GE or HP.

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
in US Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +4 more
Sir Corey of Deane
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
In reply to chiue, May 26, 2013

The Pixpro is not listed by any online retailer in the UK and I've got a funny feeling that this Pixpro business is nothing more than financial juggling to bolster or keep some books straight.

Right, chiue - the 'Kodak' brand in this case is just a name and would have equal relevance if I simply painted the name 'Kodak' on home-made pinhole camera!

Sir Corey of Deane's gear list:Sir Corey of Deane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Kodak EasyShare CX7300 Kodak EasyShare CX7430 +9 more
n3eg
Contributing MemberPosts: 676Gear list
Like?
In reply to chiue, May 26, 2013

The S1 micro four thirds camera is showing up as a "coming soon" item on some Chinese websites.  I've saved enough Ebay money so that when it comes out, I'll be ready.  It's only about five weeks until third quarter of this year, when JK said it would be available.  Hopefully we'll see some specs soon...

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +29 more
oldshutterbug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,587
Like?
In reply to n3eg, May 26, 2013

I agree with Chiue, the Pixpro is not a Kodak camera and to be honest I don't think the Pixpro manufacturer did themselves any favour by putting the Kodak name on the cameras.

Sadly Kodak have had their day in the sun and they blew it, to me this JK mob are flogging a dead horse, they would have done better if they had put the name of an ex American President on the camera, maybe if they had called it a Bush, Regan or Clinton the camera may have received some sort of recognition but with the Kodak name it has little or no hope.

I still shake my head in disbelief when I think of what happened to Kodak and frankly it kinda hurts, they had great products back in the early 2000s, had they have had vision they may have been up there with Canon and Nikon but they carried on like a load of non laying chickens in a coop, a total disgrace.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss ~

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to oldshutterbug, May 27, 2013

Entirely agree; total mismanagement and no doubt some enormous egos refusing to listen to the customer base. I also have a feeling that Robert is on the right track with this Pixpro business. Frankly, I don't trust it.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

neybay
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to Saleen1999, Jun 16, 2013

I bought the Kodak Pixpro.  I had a Kodak z990 and loved it except for two things...one..once I snapped a pic it seemed to take forever before I could take another.  So when I got the Pixpro I noticed instantly that this camera processes a pic much faster.  Then, two...the z990 went haywire on me.  I can't seem to find a place that can fix it.  I know you did not ask about my experience with the z990.  However...This Pixpro is 36 zoom and does not do as good a job of bringing in the object as the z990 with a lesser zoom did.  So right now, I am disappointed in my Pixpro.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to neybay, Jun 17, 2013

So it writes faster but its resolution isn't as great? That's unfortunate. Can you post a few images to demonstrate what you mean by the poor zoom images?

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Sir Corey of Deane
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
In reply to JamesD2, Jun 17, 2013

Yes, please do, neybay as pix from the Pixpro are extremely thin on the ground, and if you could post a few taken at various focal lengths it would be much appreciated.

Don't worry about composition, or 'artistic content', or rule for tur rule of thirds or whatever - we just want to see technical quality.

Thanks in advance :).

Robert.

[Edited for missing word].

Sir Corey of Deane's gear list:Sir Corey of Deane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Kodak EasyShare CX7300 Kodak EasyShare CX7430 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads