X100s Battery Life- Getting Better!

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions
Weistling
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
X100s Battery Life- Getting Better!
Apr 14, 2013

As we all know that have this camera, the battery life sucks out of the box. I have 4 batteries and number them so I use and charge them equally. I am keeping  a record of how each battery performs over time and noting the kind of shooting each charge experienced.

Up until now, the best performance I have gotten is 326 shots, raw only, moderate chimping.

YesterdayI had a shoot where I shot almost exclusively with a remote flash, raw + normal jpeg, lots of chimping to check what my strobe was doing. I only turned the camera off a couple times during this period. On one charge I just got 688 shots.  It was my #2 battery and it perviously was the one that gave me the 326 shots. I have another battery that goes dead after about 145 shots.

I really hope this is a sign that these batteries  might improve like  my XP1 batteries did.

PS- There were 1376 shots that actually wrote to the card.

those 688 shots were mostly shooting outside with flash like this. I so surprised considering the amount of chimping I did.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
djanrd
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s Battery Life- Getting Better!
In reply to Weistling, Apr 14, 2013

Weistling wrote:

As we all know that have this camera, the battery life sucks out of the box. I have 4 batteries and number them so I use and charge them equally. I am keeping  a record of how each battery performs over time and noting the kind of shooting each charge experienced.

Up until now, the best performance I have gotten is 326 shots, raw only, moderate chimping.

YesterdayI had a shoot where I shot almost exclusively with a remote flash, raw + normal jpeg, lots of chimping to check what my strobe was doing. I only turned the camera off a couple times during this period. On one charge I just got 688 shots.  It was my #2 battery and it perviously was the one that gave me the 326 shots. I have another battery that goes dead after about 145 shots.

I really hope this is a sign that these batteries  might improve like  my XP1 batteries did.

PS- There were 1376 shots that actually wrote to the card.

those 688 shots were mostly shooting outside with flash like this. I so surprised considering the amount of chimping I did.

-- hide signature --

Love that photo!

John

djanrd's gear list:djanrd's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm X100S +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
InTheMist
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?

You know, I swear that my D800 batteries did the same. The first charge (or two?) went really fast - and not just due to chimping and playing. I'm still eagerly awaiting my x100s, and have two batteries waiting.

PS. great image.

-- hide signature --

/Ridicule is not C&C nor is it being helpful nor "stating your opinion"
www.flickr.com/InTheMist

InTheMist's gear list:InTheMist's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,685Gear list
Like?

cute pic!

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Akebono
Senior MemberPosts: 2,400
Like?

Great picture!

Congratulations!

-- hide signature --

Unfortunately, sometimes, instead of changing cameras to get good pictures, you have to change the photographer.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3325761093_c03b6011bd_t.jpg

NachoYogi
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?

Really nice photo. What was your flash setup?

NachoYogi's gear list:NachoYogi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-Pro1 +4 more
peckinpah
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?

Getting 300+ shots out of the battery will suit me just fine. Not too long ago I got 36 out of one film Wonderful shot, thank you for sharing.

peckinpah's gear list:peckinpah's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Weistling
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 14, 2013

NachoYogi wrote:

I used a nikon sb-28 with pocket wizard which I attach to a monopod and hand hold out from me. I used different diffusers. On this I used a lumiquest mini soft box that I have modified to act like a beauty dish.

How the day started out. My model had never met me before and was not happy to be posing at first.

-- hide signature --
wosim
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?

Weistling wrote:

NachoYogi wrote:

I used a nikon sb-28 with pocket wizard which I attach to a monopod and hand hold out from me. I used different diffusers. On this I used a lumiquest mini soft box that I have modified to act like a beauty dish.

How the day started out. My model had never met me before and was not happy to be posing at first.

-- hide signature --

Thank you for sharing this shot: It is one of the best portraits I have seen for al long time - but your model doesn't look very pleased.

-- hide signature --
 wosim's gear list:wosim's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Leica M9 +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads