F900EXR battery life

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions
Gingertwist
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
F900EXR battery life
Apr 13, 2013

Hi,

Just got the F900EXR on Thursday night. Haven't used it to much yet, but have noticed that the battery life in mine is really poor. Has anyone else noticed that?

Thanks

Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Gingertwist
Like?
Re: F900EXR battery life
In reply to Gingertwist, Apr 13, 2013

Gingertwist wrote:

Hi,

Just got the F900EXR on Thursday night. Haven't used it to much yet, but have noticed that the battery life in mine is really poor. Has anyone else noticed that?

Thanks

Just want to add that I did charge the battery over night on Friday and have taken maybe 30 pictures to date, and this morning the battery was dead in my camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MitchyK7
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?

You'll need to charge it fully and drain it several times to get the battery running at full capacity. Make sure you don't keep the camer ain a bag where it might get turned on accidentally. If it still doesn't last, then get it returned.

John McCormack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,159Gear list
Like?
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 13, 2013

My F900 hasn't arrived yet (maybe Monday), but could the wireless networking or geotagging be turned on and draining the battery? See pages 58-60 in the .pdf manual. I'm not sure of the settings as I've only been scanning the manual briefly.

Gingertwist
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, Apr 13, 2013

Thanks John.

I have the geotagging turned off. I have just recharged the battery again so hopefully it will last a little longer this time

Gingertwist
Like?

Gingertwist wrote:

Thanks John.

I have the geotagging turned off. I have just recharged the battery again so hopefully it will last a little longer this time

Well I made it thru about 30 more pictures and the battery is dead! Very frustrating because it showed full one minute then completely drained the next minute

CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,187
Like?
In reply to Gingertwist, Apr 14, 2013

Gingertwist wrote:

Well I made it thru about 30 more pictures and the battery is dead! Very frustrating because it showed full one minute then completely drained the next minute

You could have a defective battery or camera.

According to CIPA standards (which include significant flash use) battery life is 260 shots. This is lower than the F770m which was CIPA rated at 300 shots.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads