>>>Saturday B&W Thread - 4/13/2013>>>

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions
max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
Re: x10
In reply to Arjun G, Apr 16, 2013

Thanks heaps Arjun, yours is a wonderful spin on the first frame, a book cover or a film poster is exactly what I had in mind when producing the frame. An older very experienced assassin in full flight might be considered fully wound. Best to you mate.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
max metz
Like?
Re: Bear bridge
In reply to in_focus, Apr 16, 2013

Such a delightful subject in Bear Bridge set within an equally charming place, you capture the essence beautifully Bruno, one can hear the water and wallow in the personal space. Wonderful stuff mate.

max metz
Like?
Re: Overlook and harbor
In reply to morepix, Apr 16, 2013

Delightful compositions and processing David, I am particularly taken with the texture of the leaves in the foreground of the second frame.

max metz
Like?
Re: Jeep in the mountains
In reply to Arjun G, Apr 16, 2013

Tremendous feeling of personal space in this frame Arjun, the sky is closing in on the viewer with only one escape through the clouds in the distance - I am trapped in the event horizon of something but I know not what, a storm of some kind perhaps. Love the inevitable tension of the frame and your photographic skill is clearly beyond question. Wonderful stuff.

max metz
Like?
Re: Some street pictures
In reply to snap, Apr 16, 2013

Excellent post processing, masterful composition and very adept camera control - what more can I say Rick except you are a master of the lx7. You present the the character in the first frame as a sculpture with extraordinary detail and life, convincingly riding the cusp between sculpture and life - something I haven't seen in b&w before and it's a visual blast. The second takes the chaos of a window display and hurls it into a different realm, accentuating whats there to give it more meaning. The last frame sees someone looking intensely at me, no matter how eccentric the mans appearance, he just looks right into my soul - just a wonderful frame mate. My very best to you and enjoy your week.

morepix
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
In reply to yellodog, Apr 16, 2013

yellodog wrote:

Fantastic. Is IR mixed up in these shots in any way?

Yes, totally. I had the camera converted for infrared capture.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
max metz
Like?
Re: x10
In reply to snap, Apr 16, 2013

Thanks heaps Rick, I just finished thoroughly enjoying your frames mate, I think the old Indian gentleman is still looking into my soul and I probably won't look at pseudo punk window display the same again. Have a totally top week mate!

max metz
Like?
Re: Sunlit Spinney.
In reply to leeland48, Apr 16, 2013

Beautiful frames lee, I am particularly taken by the two b&w's. Always enjoy your stuff mate - my best to everyone and a pat for Chester.

max metz
Like?
Re: Switzerland in a cloudy day.
In reply to Belpat, Apr 16, 2013

Just epic mate! Well done Michel, this frame is as much a brand as a photograph, rich, unambiguous and very powerful - brilliant!

snap
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,928Gear list
Like?
Re: Sunlit Spinney.
In reply to leeland48, Apr 16, 2013

leeland48 wrote:

lee

This one is simply a stunner! Vertical trees framed in Wide Horizontal format - such an Artistic View Point! Dramatic back lighting with long shadows - like Alice's view of the Wonderland. Beautiful B&W!

Rick

snap's gear list:snap's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
max metz
Like?
Re: Not Spring
In reply to sightandsounds, Apr 16, 2013

Love them both Trent, its a deep insight into someone else's world, very powerful and honest art at its very best. Your photographic skill is exemplary, your aesthetic sense well honed - I come away from this set with deep artistic respect for you and your work. Look after yourself mate.

max metz
Like?
Re: Looks like there might be a spring this year as well...
In reply to yellodog, Apr 16, 2013

Absolutely excellent mate, I leave after enjoying the very essence of your subject, beautifully done and presented. Heaps of thought and soul radiating out of this, this would find a place in the gallery or on the cover of Rolling Stone. Best to U.

max metz
Like?
Re: Play
In reply to Deepak Kaw, Apr 16, 2013
snap
Like?
Re: Switzerland in a cloudy day.
In reply to Belpat, Apr 16, 2013

Belpat wrote:

-- hide signature --

OMG! What a breathtaking scene! And what is the odds of getting that dramatic sky on top of that Majestic summit! Michel - stop it! You knocked me off my chair again! 

Rick

Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
max metz
Like?
Magic Frame...
In reply to Adsum, Apr 16, 2013

You have that fz150 working overtime adsum, there is just so much depth in this frame, I am seeing colour tone that isn't there while my eyes roll along the grass then rest on the Church nestled in the softest of sky's - most importantly my eyes want to do it again, an again... Beautifully done.

max metz
Like?
Re: Vintage Air
In reply to DezM, Apr 16, 2013

Nicely done Dez. The very first ride in an aircraft was in an old dc3 like this one, an RAAF military Dakota with canvas bench seats running along the each side - I was 13, it rattled and bumped its way through the air. Very exciting.

snap
Like?
In reply to morepix, Apr 16, 2013

morepix wrote:

'Twas a cold and dreary day, and I needed something to do. I shot these with an infrared converted LX5, then processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro and other apps.

Ornamental grasses with peekaboo view of the harbor

David
www.pbase.com/morepix

David - This one is literally a Dreamscape! Gorgeous Black & Silver - composition, tonal range and such rich textures. You've really nailed your IR processing - Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these.

Rick

max metz
Like?
Re: Pegs on Parade
In reply to Trafford, Apr 16, 2013
max metz
Like?
Re: What you lookin' at?
In reply to Fred K, Apr 16, 2013

I would never have guessed this was nailed with an iphone if I hadn't seen the exif, well done Fred.

max metz
Like?
Re: Don't come to close...
In reply to pierrep, Apr 16, 2013
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads