>>>Saturday B&W Thread - 4/13/2013>>>

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions
Arjun G
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
Re: Sunlit Spinney.
In reply to leeland48, Apr 16, 2013

The black and white images look much better, and the sun light is seen in the shadow patterns. Good work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Arjun G
Like?
Re: Overlook and harbor
In reply to morepix, Apr 16, 2013

Wonderful images David. The grasses really look ornamental. The picture has been composed and captured very well.The house on the beach looks really nice. I wonder what the rooms and interiors under that symmetric roof would look like.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: What you lookin' at?
In reply to Fred K, Apr 16, 2013

Thats an apt title for this fellows expression. It is a nice capture with old world charm.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: San Antonio, New Mexico
In reply to mike3116, Apr 16, 2013

Details in the wooden construction look nice. The texture of the wood has been captured perfectly. There must be an interesting story to this place.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Play
In reply to Deepak Kaw, Apr 16, 2013

The Baryton trio with their baryton, cello and violin has been captured very well. The presence of the audience in such a large portion of the photograph, is well composed.

Excellent post processing with good results.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Pegs on Parade
In reply to Trafford, Apr 16, 2013

Excellent concept. A good eye Trafford. Well spotted and beautifully composed. You have captured the texture on those pegs very well.

The view of the tree from the Cafe Marina window is very well exposed.Very impressive.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Car Show This Afternoon
In reply to ADSinger, Apr 16, 2013

That is a comical capture Alan.  "Where did I go wrong, I better read the instructions again."

All the detail has been captured very well.

GOod work.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Switzerland in a cloudy day.
In reply to Belpat, Apr 16, 2013

Excellent shot Michel. The lights in the clouds and the dark skys have been captured very well. The textures in the snow and the mountain looks dramatic.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Looks like there might be a spring this year as well...
In reply to yellodog, Apr 16, 2013

That looks like an angel. Excellent composition.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Vintage Air
In reply to DezM, Apr 16, 2013

Nice to see these old planes.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Some street pictures
In reply to snap, Apr 16, 2013

Street shots with a difference. Very well spotted and composed Rick. The tonal range and detail on the first one is excellent.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: silver sea
In reply to tonybax, Apr 16, 2013

Fantastic capture Tony. I guess you did not need to convert this image to black and white. The silvery waves in the sea look great.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Not Spring
In reply to sightandsounds, Apr 16, 2013

The first image is a great composition, not very common. good work. The second one, though not  very pleasant, has been captured well with all the textures.

Arjun G
Like?
Re: Don't come to close...
In reply to pierrep, Apr 16, 2013

Nice title Pierre. Never would have thought that this was what the tree was really saying

Good work.

in_focus
Forum ProPosts: 17,173
Like?
Re: Bear bridge - Arjun
In reply to in_focus, Apr 16, 2013

Thank you soo much for looking and kind commenting, Arjun.. glad you like the bridge shot ..

My best regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

snap
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,928Gear list
Like?
Re: Jeep in the mountains
In reply to Arjun G, Apr 16, 2013

Beautiful shot Arjun! This is literally "Sky Fall" - the cloud ceiling is so low you can almost reach up and touch the Sky.

Rick

snap's gear list:snap's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
snap
Like?
Re: Bear bridge

in_focus wrote:

There is a local creek crossed by a small bridge with great name - Bear bridge ..

Best regards from the Sunny side...

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Beautifully framed and presented. I love the low angle - so close to the water's edge you captured this. And quite an appropriate title like from Children's Story Book - one can imagine this a landscape of Bear Country.

Rick

Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 +19 more
max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
Re: x10

Thanks Bruno, its always good to get positive feedback from a master, guess I just wanted to be evocative with the first frame where I had my own story but left it vague enough for others to put their own spin in it. The second was just crying out for a focus, so I stole old Leonardo's frame and plonked it behind the glass in mine - guess he will give me an earful when it comes time for me to cross over. My very best to you mate.

max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
In reply to morepix, Apr 16, 2013

Thanks David, my own spin in the first composition was for the blue metal to give the face a kind of short beard while somewhat taming the innate psychosis within the eye - unsettling people is a subtle art.

snap
Like?
In reply to max metz, Apr 16, 2013

max metz wrote:

Fully Wound.

Max, this is fantastic! It's very much Steampunk.  Its got the Retro-Futuristic feel - Back to the Future and Beyond! Love it!

Rick

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads