"Catch me if you Can" Paparazzi Sentenced to ... Three Years

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions
Cy Cheze
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028
Like?
"Catch me if you Can" Paparazzi Sentenced to ... Three Years
Apr 12, 2013

Then: http://www.fabriziocorona.it/

Now: http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/english/42089/Paparazzi-agent-Corona-convicted-of-fraudulent-bankruptcy.html

Three years aren't long.  Barely a sabbatical to cook up new schemes.  He'll be back in business prego, perhaps well before release on parole.

Who says photography can't be as devious as other trades?

Gazzettadelsud
Notorious personality gets 3 years 10 months

His criminal record also includes convictions for possession of fake banknotes, tax evasion and assault.     His long-term former girlfriend, model and TV star Belen Rodriguez, left him two years ago and has just given birth to her first child, a boy named Santiago, with Stefano De Martino, a dancer on top TV talent show Amici.   The notorious personality, who has hit the headlines for his colourful exploits and super-model girlfriends, spent over two months in prison in 2007 in relation to a separate case that subsequently led to a conviction for extorting money from former Inter Milan forward Adriano.     Corona's flight from the law meant an additional two years and 10 months time was added to his prison sentence.       "I left Italy because I was dismayed by an unjust sentence and because I fear for my life in Italian prisons," Corona said at the time.       The Cassation Court confirmed a three-year, 10-month sentence handed down by a Milan appeals court in June.     Corona was sentenced in January to a separate five-year term for blackmailing VIPs with compromising photographs.    He fled Italy for a week before tearfully turning himself in to police in Lisbon and returning to jail in Italy.    Corona went missing hours before the Cassation Court confirmed the ruling for blackmailing former Juventus and France striker David Trezeguet.     The decision meant the sentence had become effective and he had to go to prison.       Rome, April 10 - Italy's highest court on Wednesday upheld the conviction of Fabrizio Corona, Italy's most famous paparazzi agent, for the fraudulent bankruptcy of his once high-flying photography agency, Corona's.  
scorrpio
Senior MemberPosts: 2,645
Like?
Re: "Catch me if you Can" Paparazzi Sentenced to ... Three Years
In reply to Cy Cheze, Apr 15, 2013

Or, one day he will cross the wrong people, and they will send him not to jail, but to take a swim with cement shoes on...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Anepo
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
In reply to Cy Cheze, Apr 28, 2013

to be fair papparazzi have always been regarded as the scumbags of photography. theyre work holds no artistic value. they are only after money and not good photographs and they barely know how to turn one on.

Wubslin
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
In reply to Cy Cheze, Apr 28, 2013

When people ask me why I don't like photographers, I point them to this.

plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wubslin, May 11, 2013

Wubslin wrote:

When people ask me why I don't like photographers, I point them to this.

But this news story doesn't represent ALL types of photography or ALL photographersm, in fact it doesn't even represent the majority of photography/photographers. So you are being VERY silly if this story represents why you don't like photographers.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads