Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,905
Like?
Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens
Apr 12, 2013

FWIW: If anyone is interested, there are four Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lenses (two condition LN (one black and one white for $265) and two condition LN- (one black and one white for $254)) at KEH.com.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,905
Like?
Re: Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens
In reply to brandrx, Apr 20, 2013

brandrx wrote:

FWIW: If anyone is interested, there are four Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lenses (two condition LN (one black and one white for $265) and two condition LN- (one black and one white for $254)) at KEH.com.

If anyone is interested, I received my LN black Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens from KEH. Upon opening the package, my impression is that this is actually a new item. It came packed in the original box with everything that would come with a new one. It looks like it has not been touched since it left the factory. It has firmware Version 1.01 and the first image I took with it showed IMGP0002.JPG. That is a great buy for US $265 IMO. Especially since the 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens is hard to find.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,550Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, Apr 20, 2013

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

If anyone is interested, I received my LN black Pentax Q + 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens from KEH. Upon opening the package, my impression is that this is actually a new item. It came packed in the original box with everything that would come with a new one. It looks like it has not been touched since it left the factory. It has firmware Version 1.01 and the first image I took with it showed IMGP0002.JPG. That is a great buy for US $265 IMO. Especially since the 01 8.5mm f1.9 lens is hard to find.

Very nice!  I got mine used on ebay for not much less than that.  Steal for a used one.

If anyone is interested, I have my review of the 8.5mm f/1.9 lens up.

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 23, 2013

I was interested and found your review nicely done and very worthwhile. Thanks!

Donald3210
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
In reply to SW Anderson, Apr 23, 2013

The Pentax Webstore has them for $199.99.

Donald3210
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
In reply to Donald3210, Apr 23, 2013

Donald3210 wrote:

The Pentax Webstore has them for $199.99.

Sorry, that is for the 01 Prime only, not the kit.

audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,270Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, Apr 23, 2013

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

I bought a black kit with 01 prime, LN. Most of the stuff in the box had never been unpacked. There were fingerprints on the LCD, but I don't think the battery was ever inserted.

I'm a little shocked at the ISO performance. ISO 1600 is grainy but the grain looks good. I've since bought a Pentax hood for the prime, a fisheye and the Pentax adapter. I am going to try and return the adapter, I don't think I'll use it. IQ with K-mount primes does not hold up very well. Lots of CA and too soft. I have other bodies for telephoto. My Q kit will remain small.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,550Gear list
Like?
In reply to audiobomber, Apr 23, 2013

audiobomber wrote:

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

I bought a black kit with 01 prime, LN. Most of the stuff in the box had never been unpacked. There were fingerprints on the LCD, but I don't think the battery was ever inserted.

I'm a little shocked at the ISO performance. ISO 1600 is grainy but the grain looks good. I've since bought a Pentax hood for the prime, a fisheye and the Pentax adapter. I am going to try and return the adapter, I don't think I'll use it. IQ with K-mount primes does not hold up very well. Lots of CA and too soft. I have other bodies for telephoto. My Q kit will remain small.

-- hide signature --

Dan

That is my though, was shocked that I could get a halfway decent looking 3200 shot from such a small sensor.  Looks like that cheap ASA 400 film you could get at WalMart, or maybe better

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
mrschmo
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, Apr 24, 2013

I got one used from B&H and it also looked brand new.  After using it a while, I realized the lens had a centering defect.  I mainly got the camera to use with adapted lenses, but it sucks my 01 prime is useless.  It's been a few months since I bought it.  I don't know if it's even repairable or if it would be worth it to do so.

mrschmo's gear list:mrschmo's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Rokinon 85mm F1.4
Rod Herdman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,556Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Apr 24, 2013

viking79 wrote:

That is my though, was shocked that I could get a halfway decent looking 3200 shot from such a small sensor.  Looks like that cheap ASA 400 film you could get at WalMart, or maybe better

I have used mine at up to 2000 ISO so far and yes there is noise but it's quite acceptable. Running it through a noise reduction program helps 

Cheers,

Rod

-- hide signature --

All I want is a digital back for my trusty K1000 . . .

Rod Herdman's gear list:Rod Herdman's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads