Like?
one pic - the power of symbols
Apr 12, 2013

meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,119Gear list
Like?
Re: one pic - the power of symbols
In reply to Daedalus2000, Apr 12, 2013

i like this image, there is so much not seen that it sets ones mind racing with all sort of probabilities, well it does mine.

pc

-- hide signature --

`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Leo33
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505Gear list
Like?
D

Nicely composed and executed, D. I like the image a lot! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)))
My Best,

Emil

Leo33's gear list:Leo33's gear list
Fujifilm XF1
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 16,944Gear list
Like?

Beautifully done, D. I love it1 It reminds me of a lady that I know who has a tattoo of a kiss (red lips) at exactly the same place, on her superb leg. When I opened the thread, I thought it was her till I realized it's not lips!

Best,

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
meagre offerings
Like?
In reply to l_objectif, Apr 12, 2013

l_objectif wrote:

Beautifully done, D. I love it1 It reminds me of a lady that I know who has a tattoo of a kiss (red lips) at exactly the same place, on her superb leg. When I opened the thread, I thought it was her till I realized it's not lips!

Best,

my wife has a tattoo of a pair of lips, but they are not on her leg.

pc

-- hide signature --

`its good to step outside your comfort zone occasionally, but is nicer to step back into it` PC.

l_objectif
Like?
In reply to meagre offerings, Apr 12, 2013

nikonFboy wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Best,

my wife has a tattoo of a pair of lips, but they are not on her leg.

pc

-- hide signature --

You almost gave me a heart attack, Paul! For a second I thought I knew your wife although the lady I was talking about is Brazilian!...

Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
janlu
Senior MemberPosts: 6,155
Like?

Clever compo D !! I like the way how you have chosen to contrast them....

Gianluca

-- hide signature --
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 3,391
Like?
Thank you

Thanks to everyone for your nice posts. It was quite difficult to take this picture, and as I did not have complete control of the composition I am not 100% happy with the placement of the elements. Having said that, I am happy I was able to share with you what I saw.

Following our discussion about symbols in another thread it is quite interesting to think what you think you know about this lady given that you can see two items that she used to communicate with us, her shoes and the tattoo...

D

Daedalus2000
Like?
In reply to meagre offerings, Apr 12, 2013

nikonFboy wrote:

i like this image, there is so much not seen that it sets ones mind racing with all sort of probabilities, well it does mine.

Paul, you say the photo makes you think of what else  was there. I can tell you what was there was beautiful!

Daedalus2000
Like?
Re: D
In reply to Leo33, Apr 12, 2013

Leo33 wrote:

Nicely composed and executed, D. I like the image a lot! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)))
My Best,

Emil

Thank you. I appreciate your comment and I will say no more!

Daedalus2000
Like?

l_objectif wrote:

Best,

I hope you understand that I am learning from the master and these are just baby steps....

Daedalus2000
Like?
In reply to janlu, Apr 12, 2013

janlu wrote:

Clever compo D !! I like the way how you have chosen to contrast them....

Gianluca

-- hide signature --

Thank you Gianluca. Next step is to try to find the beautiful smiles you get... That is a completely different level for me...

l_objectif
Like?

Daedalus2000 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Best,

I hope you understand that I am learning from the master and these are just baby steps....

Maybe "baby" steps for you, but "giant" steps for the mankind, my friends!.... I am glad that the news about Walt Disney buying DPR was a joke, after all!

You are good in compliments, my friend; you must be a salesman or something like that!

Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Daedalus2000
Like?

l_objectif wrote:

Daedalus2000 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Best,

Maybe "baby" steps for you, but "giant" steps for the mankind, my friends!.... I am glad that the news about Walt Disney buying DPR was a joke, after all!

You are good in compliments, my friend; you must be a salesman or something like that!

My friends will not agree with you about me complimenting anyone... I am too honest for that.

But, in this forum it is true, that we all influence each other, some more so than others. And it is a truth that your work (but also of others here) has motivated me to shoot specific subjects. And for this specific picture, I was hoping that you will see it.

Having said all of the above, yes I used to be in sales many many years ago. I even used to sell things door to door. But, not any more... I was not good at it.

tony field
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,730
Like?

Very nice capture and isolation. It is a story unto itself.

I have a tendency to like this sort of things, so I am biased   I like to shoot stockings and shoes whenever I get the opportunity.

-- hide signature --
Norman B
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?

A non Leica owner has to start somewhere and this shot says WOW.

TClair
Senior MemberPosts: 2,632Gear list
Like?
In reply to Daedalus2000, Apr 13, 2013

I can already feel that high heal penetrating my heart.  Great photo.

TClair's gear list:TClair's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
meagre offerings
Like?

l_objectif wrote:

Daedalus2000 wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Best,

My friends will not agree with you about me complimenting anyone... I am too honest for that.

But, in this forum it is true, that we all influence each other, some more so than others. And it is a truth that your work (but also of others here) has motivated me to shoot specific subjects. And for this specific picture, I was hoping that you will see it.

Having said all of the above, yes I used to be in sales many many years ago. I even used to sell things door to door. But, not any more... I was not good at it.

hi D

I have just read up on daedalus, you have a very interesting family and friends, plus you have a lot to live up to name wise. are you a architect.

pc
--

Fogsville
Regular MemberPosts: 467
Like?

I have a couple of questions.  Those look to me like plastic chairs.  I can't help not thinking about the incongruity of plastic chairs juxtaposed against what appears to be a formal, expensive (or at least professing to be expensive) shoe of some kind.  Also they are right in my line of vision along with the wall or window ledge (we normally initially tend to look at the top third of a compositional frame and then we scan the rest of the image.) It makes me wonder what the significance of these plastic chairs might be.

Also it appears that she has a tan line on her foot suggesting that she doesn't wear shoes like this often and instead perhaps wears casual running shoes as her daily shoe.  Also I ask myself why did the author choose to make this into a B+W image (the world is in color so I have to ask myself why is this in B+W and what is the meaning of it being in B+W.)

The tattoo looks like a million tattoos I've seen and so I'm not sure what significance it has if any to me.  These days, women of all ages and backgrounds might have tattoos.  So it doesn't specifically signify age nor class status, either. So it's just kind of there, like her leg.  I've seen a lot of legs, too.

These are legitimate questions because it's what I literally see in the image.  And I'm not sure what I'm looking at here beyond a technically well executed image in B+W.  Is this part of a series of images?

meagre offerings
Like?
In reply to Fogsville, Apr 13, 2013

I have a couple of questions.  Those look to me like plastic chairs.  I can't help not thinking about the incongruity of plastic chairs juxtaposed against what appears to be a formal, expensive (or at least professing to be expensive) shoe of some kind.  Also they are right in my line of vision along with the wall or window ledge (we normally initially tend to look at the top third of a compositional frame and then we scan the rest of the image.) It makes me wonder what the significance of these plastic chairs might be.

Also it appears that she has a tan line on her foot suggesting that she doesn't wear shoes like this often and instead perhaps wears casual running shoes as her daily shoe.  Also I ask myself why did the author choose to make this into a B+W image (the world is in color so I have to ask myself why is this in B+W and what is the meaning of it being in B+W.)

The tattoo looks like a million tattoos I've seen and so I'm not sure what significance it has if any to me.  These days, women of all ages and backgrounds might have tattoos.  So it doesn't specifically signify age nor class status, either. So it's just kind of there, like her leg.  I've seen a lot of legs, too.

These are legitimate questions because it's what I literally see in the image.  And I'm not sure what I'm looking at here beyond a technically well executed image in B+W.  Is this part of a series of images?

I'm sure the op has already mentioned that he had very little control over the surroundings.

pc
--

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads